Spotify's Chris Maples promoted to VP role
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 08:00AM
Spotify has promoted UK managing director Chris Maples to the role of vice president of Europe.
Maples joined Spotify in April 2011, holding a dual role as UK managing director, running the UK office, and European sales director, responsible for the overall development of the sales teams, inventory and relationships with advertisers across Europe.
Prior to Spotify, Maples worked at Microsoft Advertising as its commercial director, leaving in January 2011.
A spokeswoman for the music streaming service confirmed that Maples' has been promoted to the new role, but she did not give details on what his remit as vice president entails.
It is unclear if Maple's previous roles will be filled or subsumed into the new role.
During his time at Spotify, the company has announced a major integration with Facebook, and a strategic global partnership with Coca-Cola.
In March this year Spotify knocked Specific Media off the top of the IPA’s media owner survey.
It has also launched in 15 countries, including the US and Australia.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £28,000 per annum, South East England
- Brand & Packaging Manager Ball & Hoolahan £36,000 + c/a, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, South West England
- Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Digital Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne