P&G to sponsor Paralympic fundraising ball
Procter & Gamble (P&G), the worldwide partner of the International Olympic Committee, is to sponsor the Paralympic Ball during the Paralympic Games in London next month.
The fundraising ball, which takes place at the London Grosvenor Hotel on 5 September, aims to celebrate the achievements of athletes taking part in the London 2012 Paralympic Games, which will take place between 29 August and 9 September.
The funds raised will go towards work conducted by the International Paralympic Committee’s (IPC) Agitos Foundation, a global body that develops sports activities for people with a disability, and the British Paralympic Association (BPA), to create a legacy for the Paralympic Movement beyond the 2012 Games.
The event will be attended by sports and showbiz celebrities, president of the IPC Sir Philip Craven and chief executive of the BPA, Tim Hollingsworth. It has not yet been confirmed whether other brands will provide additional sponsorship for the event.
P&G is a domestic partner of the London Paralympic Games and continues to promote its sponsorship of the sporting event through its 'Thank you mum' campaign, which showcases its individual brands such as Tide, Pampers and Ariel under the P&G company name.
Nathan Homer, Paralympics director at P&G UK and Ireland, said: "P&G is delighted to be an official partner of the Paralympic Ball to celebrate the power of the Paralympic Games.
"The ambition, talent and sheer determination of the ParalympicsGB athletes is truly inspirational. In addition to honouring these world-class athletes, we’re also using our voice to recognise their nearest and dearest – like their mums – who have supported them in achieving their dreams."
P&G last week revealed it is increasing funding for its global youth sports programme by $20m (£16m) over the next 10 years through donations and sales of its brands. It has already raised $5m (£3.3m).Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager | Up to 32k Dynamic New Alliances Up to £32K Plus Benefits Package , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Rising Star! Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance, North East England / North West England
- Trade Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater)
- Brands make the most of Germany's dramatic victory over Brazil
- Imperial War Museum releases film announcing WWI exhibition
- Sponsors congratulate Novak Djokovic on Wimbledon win
- Starcom MediaVest Group to move to Turnmills
- Guardian News & Media reduces losses by 27% to £19.4m
- Guardian plotting English language launch in India