C4 hires TH_NK to create multiplatform entertainment experience
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 11:17AM
Channel 4 has appointed TH_NK digital to create a multi-platform content experience for a major new drama series, 'Utopia'.
Theagency has been tasked with creating and designing a multi-platform experience to generate and engage an audience for the six-part conspiracy drama, prior to the show airing next year.
TH_NK will be working with the production company Kudos and the show's scriptwriter Dennis Kelly to build digital elements into the production, which is a new approach for Channel 4.
Channel 4 has created multichannel experiences around shows before, such as Misfits, but this is the first time the plot will be integrated into digital.
The agency won the pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Tarek Nseir, chief executive of TH_NK, said: "This is a very exciting creative process for all of us, which really takes digital seriously as part of the entertainment experience."
Last year, TH_NK built 'Pottermore', the latest iteration of J K Rowling's Harry Potter book series, which was billed as an "online reading experience".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Brand & Marketing Capability Consultants Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £Attractive Salary & Benefits Package + Significant Bonus, Surrey
- Consumer & Market Insight Manager - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £45K-£60K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berks/West of London
- UK Head of Marketing FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£100-130K + Benefits Package, London
- Artworker fishtank £23000 - £33000 per annum, Bristol
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show