C4 hires TH_NK to create multiplatform entertainment experience
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 11:17AM
Channel 4 has appointed TH_NK digital to create a multi-platform content experience for a major new drama series, 'Utopia'.
Theagency has been tasked with creating and designing a multi-platform experience to generate and engage an audience for the six-part conspiracy drama, prior to the show airing next year.
TH_NK will be working with the production company Kudos and the show's scriptwriter Dennis Kelly to build digital elements into the production, which is a new approach for Channel 4.
Channel 4 has created multichannel experiences around shows before, such as Misfits, but this is the first time the plot will be integrated into digital.
The agency won the pitch against undisclosed agencies.
Tarek Nseir, chief executive of TH_NK, said: "This is a very exciting creative process for all of us, which really takes digital seriously as part of the entertainment experience."
Last year, TH_NK built 'Pottermore', the latest iteration of J K Rowling's Harry Potter book series, which was billed as an "online reading experience".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Strategic Planner Stopgap £45000 - £48000 per annum, London
- Assistant Brand Manager Brand Recruitment £22000 - £27000 per annum, Huntingdon
- Account Director or Group Account Director Major Players £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Digital Account Manager Stopgap £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Junior Account Director - Disruptive Experiential Marketing Agency £38-40k Rocket Recruitment £38,000 - 40,000 + pay rise upon promotion to full AD, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media
- Haig Club launches David Beckham ad
- Blinkbox readies campaign to promote its cinema links