Bolt and Farah help DCMS to thank Britain in new 'GREAT' ads
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:38PM
The Government has issued an impromptu campaign under its 'GREAT Britain' banner to thank the athletes, volunteers and the public for what Jeremy Hunt has called a "truly great Games".
The ads, released by the Department for Culture Media and Sport today (15 August), have been created by Mother and Radley Yeldar and will run for two weeks across 500 outdoor spaces across UK train stations, donated by Network Rail.
The first of the two executions shows the Olympic rings from the Opening Ceremony, with text reading: "This is GREAT Britain. Thank you to everyone who took part in London 2012."
The second execution features British gold medallist Mo Farah imitating world record holder Usain Bolt's signature arm gesture, next to Bolt imitating Farah's 'Mobot' celebration.
Supporting text reads: "Thank you to the athletes who took part in London 2012."
Jeremy Hunt, secretary of state for culture, Olympics, media and sport, said: "The last three weeks have been a proud moment for Britain. It has been a privilege to stage the Olympics for the third time.
"We would like to say thank you to everyone who has helped make these Games truly great – in particular the athletes from around the world, the volunteers and the British public.
"They have shown the best of Britain to the world and left us with memories that will last a lifetime."Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Freelance Digital Account Handler Source £220 - £350 per day, London
- Consultant Advanse Excellent - to attract the best + Benefits , Altrincham, Greater Manchester
- DIGITAL DESIGNER (Fashion, Conceptual, Web, Tablet, Mobile) Creative Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Business Development Manager Major Players £40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and benefits , London