Cruz sisters star in new Super Mario TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:53PM
Actress sisters Penelope and Monica Cruz star in the Nintendo TV campaign for the new 'Super Mario' game, which launches later this month.
The TV ad features the Cruz sisters going head-to-head playing the game and taking a bet on which sister will reach the end of the game first.
Forfeit for the loser is to dress up as 'Super Mario'.
The game, called 'Super Mario Bros 2' is a sequel to Nintendo's 2006 DS hit. It will hit shelves on August 17 through Europe and August 19 in North America.
The TV campaign was made by the Alerte Orange agency and was made in Germany.
Laurent Fischer, Nintendo Europe managing director of marketing and PR, said: "Teaming up with the Cruz sisters is a perfect fit for us. Not only because 'New Super Mario Bros 2' lets two players enjoy the entire adventure playing as brothers Mario and Luigi simultaneously, but because these sisters have been genuine fans of the series for many years." Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Brand Strategist Rare Selection £65 - £80K + benefits. , Central London
- Strategic Research Consultant Rare Selection £35 - £45K + 20% bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Strategist / Senior Brand Planner Rare Selection Up to £75K + benefits, including pension, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Consultant Rare Selection Up to £48500 + non contributory pension + additional benefits, Surrey
- Senior Brand Strategist / Planning Director Rare Selection Up to £65000 + excellent benefits, including pension and bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad
- Hammerson uses automated mechanical model to showcase Christmas gifts