Cruz sisters star in new Super Mario TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:53PM
Actress sisters Penelope and Monica Cruz star in the Nintendo TV campaign for the new 'Super Mario' game, which launches later this month.
The TV ad features the Cruz sisters going head-to-head playing the game and taking a bet on which sister will reach the end of the game first.
Forfeit for the loser is to dress up as 'Super Mario'.
The game, called 'Super Mario Bros 2' is a sequel to Nintendo's 2006 DS hit. It will hit shelves on August 17 through Europe and August 19 in North America.
The TV campaign was made by the Alerte Orange agency and was made in Germany.
Laurent Fischer, Nintendo Europe managing director of marketing and PR, said: "Teaming up with the Cruz sisters is a perfect fit for us. Not only because 'New Super Mario Bros 2' lets two players enjoy the entire adventure playing as brothers Mario and Luigi simultaneously, but because these sisters have been genuine fans of the series for many years." Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Nielsen Data & Sales Analyst Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£28K + Bonus + Excellent Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Designer- super cool agency Dahling Ltd £45-55k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Senior Brand Managers - OTC Healthcare Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £48K-£55K + Car Allowance + Bonus, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment c.£65K-£70K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Packaging Designer Premier Media £120 - £200 per day, City of London
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- Gogglebox stars encourage viewers to vote
- Twitter hunts for UK marketer as it targets £180m ad revenues
- Dave Trott at Ad Week Europe: Ads have become overcomplicated