Cruz sisters star in new Super Mario TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:53PM
Actress sisters Penelope and Monica Cruz star in the Nintendo TV campaign for the new 'Super Mario' game, which launches later this month.
The TV ad features the Cruz sisters going head-to-head playing the game and taking a bet on which sister will reach the end of the game first.
Forfeit for the loser is to dress up as 'Super Mario'.
The game, called 'Super Mario Bros 2' is a sequel to Nintendo's 2006 DS hit. It will hit shelves on August 17 through Europe and August 19 in North America.
The TV campaign was made by the Alerte Orange agency and was made in Germany.
Laurent Fischer, Nintendo Europe managing director of marketing and PR, said: "Teaming up with the Cruz sisters is a perfect fit for us. Not only because 'New Super Mario Bros 2' lets two players enjoy the entire adventure playing as brothers Mario and Luigi simultaneously, but because these sisters have been genuine fans of the series for many years." Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGER / ACCOUNT DIRECTOR- PERMANENT & CONTRACT ROLES Royds Raphael £40K - £55K / £180-£250+DAY RATE, London
- Head Of Propositions Development Ball & Hoolahan £85,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Brand Ambassador Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 p.a., South East England
- STRATEGIC ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - CONTRACT & PERMANENT Royds Raphael Salary £60k-£70k - CONTRACT OR PERMANENT, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency Royds Raphael £30k-£37k + neg + great bens!, London
- Black horse returns in new Lloyds Bank campaign
- Watch: Every Grand Prix winner from Cannes Lions 2015
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Programmatic adspend nears £1bn and doubles for mobile