Cruz sisters star in new Super Mario TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:53PM
Actress sisters Penelope and Monica Cruz star in the Nintendo TV campaign for the new 'Super Mario' game, which launches later this month.
The TV ad features the Cruz sisters going head-to-head playing the game and taking a bet on which sister will reach the end of the game first.
Forfeit for the loser is to dress up as 'Super Mario'.
The game, called 'Super Mario Bros 2' is a sequel to Nintendo's 2006 DS hit. It will hit shelves on August 17 through Europe and August 19 in North America.
The TV campaign was made by the Alerte Orange agency and was made in Germany.
Laurent Fischer, Nintendo Europe managing director of marketing and PR, said: "Teaming up with the Cruz sisters is a perfect fit for us. Not only because 'New Super Mario Bros 2' lets two players enjoy the entire adventure playing as brothers Mario and Luigi simultaneously, but because these sisters have been genuine fans of the series for many years." Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Director - luxury (approx. 3 months) Stopgap £210 - £230 per day, London
- Marketing Manager Salt £30000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Hot Cow Between £32,000 - £35,000 with discretionary bonuses., Near Chiswick Business Park, a fun and vibrant location to work with events, a lake and bars.
- Freelance Motion Graphic Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, City of London
- Freelance Powerpoint Designer Creative Recruitment negotiable, London
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign
- Will content kill traditional ad models?