Cruz sisters star in new Super Mario TV ad
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 15 August 2012 12:53PM
Actress sisters Penelope and Monica Cruz star in the Nintendo TV campaign for the new 'Super Mario' game, which launches later this month.
The TV ad features the Cruz sisters going head-to-head playing the game and taking a bet on which sister will reach the end of the game first.
Forfeit for the loser is to dress up as 'Super Mario'.
The game, called 'Super Mario Bros 2' is a sequel to Nintendo's 2006 DS hit. It will hit shelves on August 17 through Europe and August 19 in North America.
The TV campaign was made by the Alerte Orange agency and was made in Germany.
Laurent Fischer, Nintendo Europe managing director of marketing and PR, said: "Teaming up with the Cruz sisters is a perfect fit for us. Not only because 'New Super Mario Bros 2' lets two players enjoy the entire adventure playing as brothers Mario and Luigi simultaneously, but because these sisters have been genuine fans of the series for many years." Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Executive/Account Manager - Integrated - £24k Source £20000 - £24000 per annum, London
- Marketing Campaign Manager Barclay Meade £55000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Individual Giving Officer Stopgap £29500 - £30500 per annum, London
- Junior Digital Project Manager | Midlands | 3 month Contract Salt £200 - £250 per day, Coventry
- Campaign Manager Adam Recruitment Negotiable, Basingstoke
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- OMD lands Liberty Global pan-Euro media