Smooth presenters drive with Hertz
Hertz, the car hire firm, has signed an eight-week deal with Smooth Radio which will see presenters Emma B, Pat Sharp, Mark Goodier and David 'Kid' Jensen promote its range of vehicles and offers.
The Hertz Tour will start on Monday (20 August) and be split into four two-week bursts. Listeners will be encouraged to post their favourite drives and destinations on Smoothradio.co.uk for the presenters to try out.
Emma B, Sharp, Goodier and Jensen will each take a trip suggested by a listener and will talk on-air about the places they have visited and their time driving in a Hertz vehicle.
The promotion will aim to raise awareness of the four Hertz Collections, which divide its vehicles into categories to make it easier to choose, and the hire firm's promise to provide customers with the make and model booked.
All the listeners who suggested a trip will be in with a chance of winning one of four weekends away. Each of the four weekend breaks will reflect one Hertz’s four collections: Family, Fun, Green and Prestige.
The sponsorship was negotiated by Initiative and all creative work will be done in-house by Real and Smooth Creative Solutions.
The on-air promotion will be supported online through a bespoke microsite on SmoothRadio.co.uk with video and interviews from the Hertz Tour activity and information about Hertz.
Jonathan Gillespie, group commercial director at Real and Smooth Limited, said: "We’ve been able to create a campaign for Hertz which demonstrates their core values and highlights their range of vehicles and will really resonate with Smooth’s travel-loving audience."
Real and Smooth Limited, formerly known as GMG Radio, was bought by Global Radio in June. The combined company’s position in the radio market is being looked at by the competition authorities.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Search Manager Aspire £25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum, London
- Creative Project Manager/Production Manager become £30k-£42k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44