Smooth presenters drive with Hertz
Hertz, the car hire firm, has signed an eight-week deal with Smooth Radio which will see presenters Emma B, Pat Sharp, Mark Goodier and David 'Kid' Jensen promote its range of vehicles and offers.
The Hertz Tour will start on Monday (20 August) and be split into four two-week bursts. Listeners will be encouraged to post their favourite drives and destinations on Smoothradio.co.uk for the presenters to try out.
Emma B, Sharp, Goodier and Jensen will each take a trip suggested by a listener and will talk on-air about the places they have visited and their time driving in a Hertz vehicle.
The promotion will aim to raise awareness of the four Hertz Collections, which divide its vehicles into categories to make it easier to choose, and the hire firm's promise to provide customers with the make and model booked.
All the listeners who suggested a trip will be in with a chance of winning one of four weekends away. Each of the four weekend breaks will reflect one Hertz’s four collections: Family, Fun, Green and Prestige.
The sponsorship was negotiated by Initiative and all creative work will be done in-house by Real and Smooth Creative Solutions.
The on-air promotion will be supported online through a bespoke microsite on SmoothRadio.co.uk with video and interviews from the Hertz Tour activity and information about Hertz.
Jonathan Gillespie, group commercial director at Real and Smooth Limited, said: "We’ve been able to create a campaign for Hertz which demonstrates their core values and highlights their range of vehicles and will really resonate with Smooth’s travel-loving audience."
Real and Smooth Limited, formerly known as GMG Radio, was bought by Global Radio in June. The combined company’s position in the radio market is being looked at by the competition authorities.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- PR Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £35000 - £40000 per annum + benefits, London
- Head of Ecommerce (8 month maternity contract) Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £50000 - £60000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London
- Events Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Brand Marketing Manager Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £45000 - £50000 per annum + bonus and benefits, Milton Keynes
- Senior Digital Designer Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £38000 - £40000 per annum, London
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham