Dowds swaps NI for Trinity Mirror role
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 10:40AM
Ian Dowds, who recently left his role as the sales director at News International, has joined its rival as the managing director, media, at Trinity Mirror Digital.
Dowds, the former vice-president of UK revenue at the ad network Specific Media, left NI in March after just three months.
He takes up his new role in mid-September and will report to Chris Ellis, the managing director of Trinity Mirror Digital.
Dowds will drive the digital media strategy for the national and regional editorial and commercial online teams for the Daily Mirror, The People and Daily Record, as well as regional brands including the Birmingham Post and the Liverpool Echo.
Those reporting to Dowds will include Steve Anglesey, the acting publishing director of Mirror Group Digital, Kristiaan Kroon, the digital sales director, Trinity Mirror Group, and David Higgerson, the digital publishing director, Trinity Mirror Regionals.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Community Manager | £26-30K, depending on experience. Dynamic New Alliances Up to 30K + Benefits, Central London
- Retention Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review