Old Jamaica calls ad account pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 10:45AM
Old Jamaica Ginger Beer is on the hunt for an agency to handle its advertising account.
The Cott-owned soft-drink brand has been in touch directly with agencies inviting them to pitch for the business. It currently works with the integrated shop Splash Worldwide.
Old Jamaica's most recent major marketing push was a £2 million TV campaign by Splash last year that included a sponsorship deal with the TV channel Comedy Central.
The ads featured the brand's Mr G character, previously known as Mr Cricket.
In June 2010, Old Jamaica rolled out a multi-million-pound campaign starring the Jamaican band The Jolly Boys. The activity aimed to bring new younger consumers to the brand as well as increase sales among Old Jamaica's existing consumers.
Old Jamaica first advertised in 2007 with the tagline "an oldie but a goodie" during coverage of an England vs West Indies cricket Test match.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Online Sales EMEA Ultimate Asset £25000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Group Account Director - Head of Gaming Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £55000-£65000, Central London
- BOARD ACCOUNT DIRECTOR Red Sofa London £70000 - £75000 per annum, London
- Media Research Director Major Players £45000 - £55000 per annum, London
- Strategy Consultant- Trends & Culture Jarlett de Grouchy £32000 - £400000 per annum + other benefits , London