Old Jamaica calls ad account pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 10:45AM
Old Jamaica Ginger Beer is on the hunt for an agency to handle its advertising account.
The Cott-owned soft-drink brand has been in touch directly with agencies inviting them to pitch for the business. It currently works with the integrated shop Splash Worldwide.
Old Jamaica's most recent major marketing push was a £2 million TV campaign by Splash last year that included a sponsorship deal with the TV channel Comedy Central.
The ads featured the brand's Mr G character, previously known as Mr Cricket.
In June 2010, Old Jamaica rolled out a multi-million-pound campaign starring the Jamaican band The Jolly Boys. The activity aimed to bring new younger consumers to the brand as well as increase sales among Old Jamaica's existing consumers.
Old Jamaica first advertised in 2007 with the tagline "an oldie but a goodie" during coverage of an England vs West Indies cricket Test match.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Marketing Manager, Wokingham, up to £45k Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £45000 per annum, Benefits: Great Benefits, Wokingham
- Account Manger - Marketing and Design Agency - Essex/Herts - £30k - NP072 Stonor £30k, West Essex
- Global Head of Investor Access Services EMR £80000 - £90000 per annum, City of London
- Social Media Executive, Luxury Travel, 6month FTC Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: excellent benefits, Surrey
- Kevin Bacon, Google Glass and Julian Assange: the SXSW weekend in tweets
- International Women's Day: "my gender is irrelevant" says Lisa Thomas
- Omnicom Media Group buys Mobile5
- BBH launches sport division with Lawrence Dallaglio
- IPA's 2014 Women of Tomorrow competition winners revealed
- HSBC launches Hong Kong Rugby Sevens push