Ladlow to head up Sky free channels
BSkyB has appointed Stephen Ladlow, currently the sponsorship controller at Sky Media, to the position of director of Challenge and Pick TV, its free-to-air TV stations.
Ladlow will be responsible for both the programming and commercial direction of the channels. He will be charged with using his sponsorship experience to help advertisers innovate in how they use TV.
The game-show channel Challenge was acquired as part of Sky's purchase of Virgin Media Television in 2010, while Pick TV showcases content from Sky's entertainment channels such as Sky1.
Ladlow has been the sponsorship controller at Sky Media since 2010, leading the sale of sponsorship on Sky-owned channels and signing deals such as the BlackBerry sponsorship of Sky Atlantic.
Stuart Murphy, the director of programmes, Sky, said: "Stephen's love of TV and his expertise of working with brands in innovative ways is just the combination we've been looking for."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Marketing Director Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/CA,
- Martin Sorrell earns 780 times more than average WPP employee
- 3 top tips on how to save an epic social media fail
- Lake Capital rejects demands of Engine's rebel shareholders
- Head lice-killing mousse launches in the UK with cartoon campaign
- Facebook's 'Buy' button: a leap too far?
- Beiersdorf postpones review after MAA criticisms of procedure