Ladlow to head up Sky free channels
BSkyB has appointed Stephen Ladlow, currently the sponsorship controller at Sky Media, to the position of director of Challenge and Pick TV, its free-to-air TV stations.
Ladlow will be responsible for both the programming and commercial direction of the channels. He will be charged with using his sponsorship experience to help advertisers innovate in how they use TV.
The game-show channel Challenge was acquired as part of Sky's purchase of Virgin Media Television in 2010, while Pick TV showcases content from Sky's entertainment channels such as Sky1.
Ladlow has been the sponsorship controller at Sky Media since 2010, leading the sale of sponsorship on Sky-owned channels and signing deals such as the BlackBerry sponsorship of Sky Atlantic.
Stuart Murphy, the director of programmes, Sky, said: "Stephen's love of TV and his expertise of working with brands in innovative ways is just the combination we've been looking for."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Digital Account Manager (Surrey) become £35k, Surrey
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- 18 Feet & Rising wins Skoda digital brief