Ladlow to head up Sky free channels
BSkyB has appointed Stephen Ladlow, currently the sponsorship controller at Sky Media, to the position of director of Challenge and Pick TV, its free-to-air TV stations.
Ladlow will be responsible for both the programming and commercial direction of the channels. He will be charged with using his sponsorship experience to help advertisers innovate in how they use TV.
The game-show channel Challenge was acquired as part of Sky's purchase of Virgin Media Television in 2010, while Pick TV showcases content from Sky's entertainment channels such as Sky1.
Ladlow has been the sponsorship controller at Sky Media since 2010, leading the sale of sponsorship on Sky-owned channels and signing deals such as the BlackBerry sponsorship of Sky Atlantic.
Stuart Murphy, the director of programmes, Sky, said: "Stephen's love of TV and his expertise of working with brands in innovative ways is just the combination we've been looking for."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Freelance Account Managers / Senior Account Managers, £NEG Fill Recruitment Ltd Negotiable, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £58,000 per annum, London
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London
- Group Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 plus car/ car allowance, London