Partners Andrews Aldridge lands Marriott Euro account
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 11:00AM
Partners Andrews Aldridge has been appointed to handle the £6 million pan-European advertising account for the Marriott Hotels Group.
The agency won the business after a competitive pitch against The Red Brick Road, Anomaly and Amp London. A review of the business was launched in June and was handled by the intermediary Will Hamilton Associates.
PAA will handle the hotel group's advertising, digital and direct marketing across major European markets, including the UK.
The agency will launch an integrated campaign across brands including Ritz-Carlton, JW Marriott, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Renaissance Hotels immediately.
Marriott's European division did not previously have a retained ad agency, but Marriott International, the brand's global division, works with Mcgarrybowen and Team One in the US. Marriott's global media planning and buying is handled by MEC.
The appointment comes midway through the hotel group's five-year plan to double its portfolio across Europe by 2015. This will see an increase from 40,000 rooms to 80,000 rooms across 174 hotels.
Last year, Mcgarrybowen launched a £6 million global advertising campaign for Marriott featuring six watercolour illustrations that feature within Marriott Hotels & Resorts in London, Beijing, Aruba and Pune.Follow @SaraKimberley
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Account Manager / Senior Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £30,000 - £35,000, Guildford, Surrey
- Account Director Blue Tree Recruits £40,000 - £50,000, Central London
- Junior Artworker Blue Tree Recruits £18,000 plus benefits , Theale, Reading
- Brand and Advertising Manager - Global Technology Innovator Ninesharp £52000 - £58000 per annum + Bonus, Benefits, Berkshire
- Senior Account Manager createselect Up to £40K pa, depending on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad