Reality Check July 2012
By Campaign staff, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 11:10AM
Aldi's advertising was the most-remembered TV spot for the second month running. "Spread", by McCann Manchester, features two farmers comparing their butter.
The supermarket also came top in the most-liked TV ads category, according to data from Nielsen and NM Incite. Dare's Gocompare.com spot, in which Sue Barker attempts to blow up Gio Compario, was the second most-remembered ad.
Gocompare also topped the most-discussed-online category, with close to 4 per cent of all online conversations about advertising focusing on the spot. Apple's "genius" campaign was more talked about, but didn't air in the UK so was removed from the scoring.
The "most-remembered" score is the percentage of viewers who can recall within 24 hours the storyline of an ad. These scores are indexed against a mean score for all new ads, with 100 representing this mean. The "most-liked" score is the percentage of viewers who liked a spot indexed against the mean score of 100.
|Reality Check July 2012|
Most-talked-about ads online
|'bazooka Sue'||'spa'||'the crowd is my only drug'|
|Dare||Saatchi & Saatchi||TBWA\London|
|'take the stage'
||Cheil Worldwide||Sid Lee|
|3||Kellogg's Rice Krispies||142||4||Argos||125||3||Ann Summers||1.24|
|'lovely rain'||'delivery'||'pleasure emporium'
||CHI & Partners
|3||Kwik Fit||142||4||Kellogg's Rice Krispies||125||5||Nike||1.04|
|'Paul and Sue'||'lovely rain'||'find your greatness'|
|Adam & Eve/DDB
||Wieden & Kennedy
Source: Nielsen TV Brand Effect and NM Incite. Only new ads airing 1-31 July 2012. Minimum sample = 150.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- PR - Account Manager B2B Major Players £150 - £200 per day, London
- Production Assistant - Marketing Agency - Oxfordshire Stonor £25,000, Oxfordshire
- PR Exec and Managers Wanted Major Players £120 - £200 per day, London
- SAE/AM - lifestyle and health Major Players £150 - £180 per day, London
- Sales & Marketing Manager Stopgap £30000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- ASA receives 240 complaints about Sainsbury's Christmas ad
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran