Walker Media lands National Geographic
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 11:25AM
Fox International Channels has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £3 million media planning and buying for the National Geographic Channel just six months after selecting WPP's M/SIX.
Fox refused to comment on the reasons for the M/SIX split, but added that the agency will work in "a European capacity, with our sales team".
Walker Media will plan and buy the National Geographic Channel's largest-ever ad campaign to promote its autumn season of programming, which marks a new direction for the brand.
Fox appointed M/SIX in February as part of its parent group News Corporation's realignment into WPP.
Cecilia Parker, the director of broadcast and marketing at Fox International Channels, said: "This is a hugely exciting time for National Geographic Channel and one that deserves to be underlined with a highly visible and impactful marketing campaign across multiple channels."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Corporate Public Relations Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 per annum, Coventry
- Customer Insight Manager Better Placed Recruitment negotiable, Chester
- MID-WEIGHT DIGITAL DESIGNER - LONDON - £30K Salt £30000 per annum, City of London
- CRM & Acquisition Manager Stopgap £40000 - £45000 per annum, South East England
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- International Women's Day: 'You make your own luck' says Cheryl Giovannoni
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%