Walker Media lands National Geographic
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 11:25AM
Fox International Channels has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £3 million media planning and buying for the National Geographic Channel just six months after selecting WPP's M/SIX.
Fox refused to comment on the reasons for the M/SIX split, but added that the agency will work in "a European capacity, with our sales team".
Walker Media will plan and buy the National Geographic Channel's largest-ever ad campaign to promote its autumn season of programming, which marks a new direction for the brand.
Fox appointed M/SIX in February as part of its parent group News Corporation's realignment into WPP.
Cecilia Parker, the director of broadcast and marketing at Fox International Channels, said: "This is a hugely exciting time for National Geographic Channel and one that deserves to be underlined with a highly visible and impactful marketing campaign across multiple channels."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
Agency: McCann Erickson
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad