Walker Media lands National Geographic
By Maisie McCabe, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 16 August 2012 11:25AM
Fox International Channels has reappointed Walker Media to handle its £3 million media planning and buying for the National Geographic Channel just six months after selecting WPP's M/SIX.
Fox refused to comment on the reasons for the M/SIX split, but added that the agency will work in "a European capacity, with our sales team".
Walker Media will plan and buy the National Geographic Channel's largest-ever ad campaign to promote its autumn season of programming, which marks a new direction for the brand.
Fox appointed M/SIX in February as part of its parent group News Corporation's realignment into WPP.
Cecilia Parker, the director of broadcast and marketing at Fox International Channels, said: "This is a hugely exciting time for National Geographic Channel and one that deserves to be underlined with a highly visible and impactful marketing campaign across multiple channels."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- VISUAL DESIGNER - LONDON - Ã‚£35-45K + SHARES + BENEFITS Salt Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£45000 per annum + Shares + Benefits, London
- Senior Marketing Planner Stopgap Ã‚£45000 per annum, London
- B2B Marketing Manager (Business Development) Stopgap Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£38000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager/Junior Account Director Barker Graves £42,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £60,000 + car or c/a, South East England