Bwin sponsors Manchester United for social gaming drive
Bwin has signed up as official online gaming and betting partner of Manchester United in a three-year deal designed to grow its social gaming business.
The betting company is hoping the tie-up with Manchester United will help increase its profile in the UK and launch social gaming products in countries that do not allow real-money sports betting.
The deal will see Bwin placed at the centre of promotional activities by Manchester United, the integration of Bwin into the club’s website and the creation of co-branded social gaming products.
Bwin will also gain access to Manchester United players for marketing campaigns and the inclusion of Bwin-branded match-day hoardings and betting kiosks at the club’s Old Trafford stadium.
The partnership is being further promoted with a prize draw to win Manchester United season tickets, which can be entered by placing £5 on a Manchester United related bet from a new or existing Bwin.com account.
The competition will be pushed via the Bwin website and updates on Twitter using the #backmanutd hashtag.
Norbert Teufelberger, co-chief executive of Bwin parent company bwin.party, said: "Football is fundamental to our long-term success, making up approximately half of our total sports betting revenue of €261m in 2011.
"As well as supporting our real-money gaming business, the agreement complements our recent move into social gaming.
"Man United has 569 million followers outside of Europe, providing us with a great opportunity to offer jointly designed and innovative products in countries that do not yet allow real money online sports betting."
The deal will complement Bwin’s existing sponsorship of Real Madrid and was announced by Sir Alex Ferguson, Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic and Wayne Rooney.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Manager - Weetabix. Ball & Hoolahan £Competitive Salary Package, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager Blue Tree Recruits £25,000 - £30,000 , Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Account Manager Tomorrow Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, West End
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44