Wrigley's Airwaves repositions with 'Pow!' campaign
Wrigley's is repositioning its Airwaves sub-brand to drive awareness of the product among young adults, using the messaging, 'Pocket Some Pow!'.
The repositioning has the Airwaves sub-brand moving away from product benefit-led messaging that shows how the menthol gum helps to clear people’s sinuses, to a brand-led approach that highlights strong menthol "hit".
Wrigley's has released a supporting campaign, created by Billington Cartmell, which uses a super-hero graphic style, focusing on the outcome of the menthol hit.
The campaign features digital outdoor ads going live across the UK from 20 August, supported by digital activity across Facebook, national press ads and sampling activity. Media planning and buying is handled by Zenith Optimedia.
The Facebook activity features a 'Powman & Powgirl' game that gives consumers the opportunity to win an iPhone every day.
Vicky Morgan, Wrigley's marketing manager, Mars, said: "Airwaves is the second-largest gum brand in the UK.
"In order to grow the brand, we identified the need to overcome the barrier of its medicinal image – to many it has been seen as a decongestion product, too strong for everyday use.
"But many Airwaves fans were using it in a very different way and Billington Cartmell were able to help us get that message out there – that Airwaves is the only gum that can deliver mental refreshment. This gives the brand an everyday occasion and celebrates its unique strength and stimulating kick."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Client Sales Executive - Untapped, unlimited potential! Ultimate Asset £20000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits, City of London
- Head of Digital MCG Associates Very Attractive Tax Free Package, Dubai - UAE
- Marketing Manager - Youth Brand Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Consumer & Shopper Insight Controller FMCG - URGENT NEED Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £60K-£65K + Car Allowance + Bonus, North of London/Herts
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool