Wrigley's Airwaves repositions with 'Pow!' campaign
Wrigley's is repositioning its Airwaves sub-brand to drive awareness of the product among young adults, using the messaging, 'Pocket Some Pow!'.
The repositioning has the Airwaves sub-brand moving away from product benefit-led messaging that shows how the menthol gum helps to clear people’s sinuses, to a brand-led approach that highlights strong menthol "hit".
Wrigley's has released a supporting campaign, created by Billington Cartmell, which uses a super-hero graphic style, focusing on the outcome of the menthol hit.
The campaign features digital outdoor ads going live across the UK from 20 August, supported by digital activity across Facebook, national press ads and sampling activity. Media planning and buying is handled by Zenith Optimedia.
The Facebook activity features a 'Powman & Powgirl' game that gives consumers the opportunity to win an iPhone every day.
Vicky Morgan, Wrigley's marketing manager, Mars, said: "Airwaves is the second-largest gum brand in the UK.
"In order to grow the brand, we identified the need to overcome the barrier of its medicinal image – to many it has been seen as a decongestion product, too strong for everyday use.
"But many Airwaves fans were using it in a very different way and Billington Cartmell were able to help us get that message out there – that Airwaves is the only gum that can deliver mental refreshment. This gives the brand an everyday occasion and celebrates its unique strength and stimulating kick."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior AM / Account Director - Brand Agency - Contract ADLIB £35k - £45k pro rata, Bristol
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- The role of private equity in adland
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Omnicom dispute to drive down Channel 5 prices in H2