Wrigley's Airwaves repositions with 'Pow!' campaign
Wrigley's is repositioning its Airwaves sub-brand to drive awareness of the product among young adults, using the messaging, 'Pocket Some Pow!'.
The repositioning has the Airwaves sub-brand moving away from product benefit-led messaging that shows how the menthol gum helps to clear people’s sinuses, to a brand-led approach that highlights strong menthol "hit".
Wrigley's has released a supporting campaign, created by Billington Cartmell, which uses a super-hero graphic style, focusing on the outcome of the menthol hit.
The campaign features digital outdoor ads going live across the UK from 20 August, supported by digital activity across Facebook, national press ads and sampling activity. Media planning and buying is handled by Zenith Optimedia.
The Facebook activity features a 'Powman & Powgirl' game that gives consumers the opportunity to win an iPhone every day.
Vicky Morgan, Wrigley's marketing manager, Mars, said: "Airwaves is the second-largest gum brand in the UK.
"In order to grow the brand, we identified the need to overcome the barrier of its medicinal image – to many it has been seen as a decongestion product, too strong for everyday use.
"But many Airwaves fans were using it in a very different way and Billington Cartmell were able to help us get that message out there – that Airwaves is the only gum that can deliver mental refreshment. This gives the brand an everyday occasion and celebrates its unique strength and stimulating kick."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Comms Acount Director- Leading Beauty FMCG - £55K Ultimate Asset £45000 - £55000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager - SPORTS BRAND - £35K Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Account Manager! BRAND LED ACCOUNTS!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager - Branding up to £39k Network Career Consultants £30000 - £39000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Want a tactical ad? Should have gone to Specsavers
- Maxus confirmed as world's fastest growing media agency
- Greenpeace dresses up cats to help save tigers from extinction
- Why 2014 won't be the year of mobile advertising
- ITV's Adam Crozier: 'Work to be done' after losing out to C4 during World Cup
- Palestinian and Israeli bereaved families unite for 'anti-conflict' film