Warburton stands down from AG Barr to focus on the family business
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 20 August 2012 09:53AM
Jonathan Warburton, the Warburtons chairman, is standing down from his role as non-executive director at AG Barr to focus on the family run grocery brand.
His decision to stand down from the non-executive role follows a 37% plunge in profits at Warburtons, to £16.3m in 2011.
The company attributed the plunge, which was disclosed in June, to a restructure at its bakery operations.
In the 12 month period to 24 September 2011, Warburtons reported turnover of £495m, compared to £492m the year before. Profits slumped 37% to £16.3m.
Today AG Barr, the drinks brand, said Warburton was stepping down "to focus more on his role at Warburtons."
The fifth-generation Warburton has held the position of chairman at the family run business since 2001. He assumed control of the company in 1991, alongside cousins Brett and Ross.
AG Barr has appointed John Nicholson, a senior executive at Heineken, to the role of non-executive director.
Nicholson is currently president of Heineken Americas, based in New York. He will join the board in January.Follow @johnreynolds10
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Affiliates Manager - Exciting Entertainment Brand! - London Salt £35000 - £45000 per annum + bonus & bens, London
- Account Director Twist Recruitment £40000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Partnerships Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Excellent benefits, London