Campaign's showcase of ads directed by late, great, Tony Scott
By Sara Kimberley, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 20 August 2012 11:57AM
As tributes flood in for the 68-year-old British director, Tony Scott, who died on Sunday, Campaign takes a look at the commercials he directed during a distinguished career.
Scott began his career at older brother Ridley Scott's TV advertising production company, Ridley Scott Associates (RSA), directing ads for brands such as Barclays, Marlboro cigarettes and BMW.
After working in TV advertising for 10 years focusing on "girls, jeans and 'rock n roll' during what was a wild period in advertising" as Scott described it in an interview in 2010, he later turned his hand to directing films like his brother, and was behind such Hollywood blockbusters as 'Top Gun' and 'Days of Thunder'.
He is understood to have taken his own life over the weekend near his home in Los Angeles in the US. His wife and two sons survive him.
Here we take a look at some of his most memorable ads. Read Campaign magazine on Thursday for a full tribute.
Diet Mountain Dew 'livin the life'
BMW 'beat the devil'
Interview with Tony Scott in 2010 on directing films and ads
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Marketing Executive, Charity, West Sussex Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Horsham
- Marketing Executive, Charity, West Sussex Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £21000 - £23000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Horsham
- Marketing Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £38000 - £45000 per annum, Staffordshire
- Senior Brand Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £30,000 - £34,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Executive Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £25,000 - £33,000 plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)