Channel 4 to sponsor Sport's Paralympics content
By Nick Batten, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 August 2012 10:45AM
Channel 4 has struck a partnership with Sport magazine that will involve the official Paralympics broadcaster sponsoring the magazine's coverage of the event from this Friday (24 August), as well as running tactical activity on Sport's sister radio station TalkSport.
The deal with the UTV Media-owned magazine and radio station was brokered by Channel 4's media agency and comes ahead of the start of the Paralympics next Wednesday (29 August).
Channel 4 will run tactical display ads in the magazine, which will feature a full TV schedule and offer access to Channel 4 Paralympic ambassador video content through iPad and augmented reality activity.
Various Channel 4 pundits will promote the coverage on key TalkSport shows alongside promotional trails and credits.
In addition, a daily review of the Paralympics will run during drivetime (weekdays 4pm-7pm) and will feature Channel 4 Paralympics ambassadors.
Steve Hare, advertising manager for Sport, said: "We are delighted to be partnering with Channel 4 to promote the Paralympic Games. Both brands have shown a massive commitment to the Paralympics which made this multi-platform commercial platform a natural extension for both."
James Walker, acting head of marketing at Channel 4, said that bringing Paralympic sport to a new audience had always been "central" to the channel's commitment to the London 2012 Games.
Channel 4 claims that its coverage of the Paralympics will feature more than 150 hours of action and will be the most extensive coverage of the event ever broadcast in the UK.
Sport reported a circulation of 305,676 in the recent ABC results – down 0.2% year on year.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Deputy Creative Director - Integrated/shopper agency The Industry Club London Ltd £75,000, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - 6 Month Contract - West London - Retail Ninesharp Negotiable, London (West), London (Greater)
- Account Manager - CRM, direct mail, up to £27k The Industry Club London Ltd Up to £27k, London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Director Premier Media £60000 - £80000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Coordinator Dynamic New Alliances £23000.00 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Virgin Holidays launches digital Caribbean push
- Yahoo appoints Marc Bignell as head of trading for the EMEA region
- Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned for suggesting alcohol conquers boredom
- McCann picked to resurrect Homepride's Fred
- Radio Times: 50 years of Doctor Who covers
- McDonald's marks 40 years with charity ad