Twitter aims for rapid expansion in UK with sales team boost
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 August 2012 08:51AM
Twitter is expanding its UK office by nearly 50% as its moves to bolster its sales operation in Europe.
The social media company is to recruit 15 new positions across sales, creative solutions and research, reporting to sales director Bruce Daisley.
Roles include brand advocate and strategy sales solutions.
The London office, which opened in May last year after Twitter UK’s general manager Tony Wang relocated from San Francisco to set it up, has a staff of around 30 at present.
London is Twitter's main European sales house.
In December last year, Twitter poached Daisley from Google and he has been responsible for building Twitter's advertising business in the UK.
It is now seeking to boost its sales team in the region, to meet the demands of advertisers, who, since September last year, have been able to buy UK-targeted ad products.
At the time, he said that more than 140 brands, with many from the FMCG sector, had invested in advertising on Twitter.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Category Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Sputh East
- Regional Assistant Brand Manager- Europe Ball & Hoolahan £25,000 per annum, South East
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £80,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East
- Senior Designer become Unspecified, Central London
- Cobra introduces bra-making brewer 'The Boss'
- Anti-slavery charity creates '12 Years a Slave' tactical ad after Oscar win
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Hooch appoints More and MJ Media for Keith Lemon campaign
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Birds Eye kicks off £60m pan-Euro campaign