Twitter aims for rapid expansion in UK with sales team boost
By Sarah Shearman, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 August 2012 08:51AM
Twitter is expanding its UK office by nearly 50% as its moves to bolster its sales operation in Europe.
The social media company is to recruit 15 new positions across sales, creative solutions and research, reporting to sales director Bruce Daisley.
Roles include brand advocate and strategy sales solutions.
The London office, which opened in May last year after Twitter UK’s general manager Tony Wang relocated from San Francisco to set it up, has a staff of around 30 at present.
London is Twitter's main European sales house.
In December last year, Twitter poached Daisley from Google and he has been responsible for building Twitter's advertising business in the UK.
It is now seeking to boost its sales team in the region, to meet the demands of advertisers, who, since September last year, have been able to buy UK-targeted ad products.
At the time, he said that more than 140 brands, with many from the FMCG sector, had invested in advertising on Twitter.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Artworker (Corporate Communications, Annual Reports) Creative Recruitment £32000 per annum, London
- Pricing Analyst Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Senior customer & Market Intelligence Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Product Manager Ninesharp negotiable, Walsall
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show