Coke Zero rethinks European ad strategy
Coca-Cola is reviewing its marketing strategy for its Coke Zero low-calorie drink across its North West Europe and Nordics (NWEN) region.
It is understood that the brand may move away from its 'Taste the Possibilities' campaign, introduced in February as part of a wider global push created by Ogilvy Brazil.
The soft-drinks company has hired ad agency Crispin Porter & Bogusky to refresh the strategy for Coke Zero. Coca-Cola's latest move to shake up its advertising in the region follows the appointment of BETC London to its Diet Coke ad account earlier this month.
Coca-Cola NWEN is understood to be seeking greater autonomy from the global business to better appeal to tastes of local markets.
News of the shake-up follows confirmation that Coke Zero is to reprise its tie-up with the James Bond franchise for the forthcoming movie Skyfall, to be released on 26 October.
A Coca-Cola spokeswoman said: 'Coke Zero's 2012 campaign is built around inviting consumers to 'Taste The Possibilities' and is an evolution of its campaign from the previous year. We recently announced the brand's Bond SKYFALL partnership, with forthcoming activity amplifying this across a fully integrated marketing campaign. It is too early to comment on any activity beyond 2012.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Account Manager, FMCG, Richmond Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £35000 - £48000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Richmond upon Thames
- Online Analytics Manager, Telecoms, Slough Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £65000 per annum, Benefits: +Fantastic benefits, Slough
- Digital Strategist - iconic luxury brand - £55K-£65K Bamboo Crowd £55K-£65K, London (Greater)
- Social & Digital Director - iconic luxury brand - £50K-£55K Bamboo Crowd £50K-£55K, London (Greater)
- Web Designer | Junior / Midweight Nu Creative Talent Negotiable, London