Heinz offers users the chance to get name engraved on bean
By John Reynolds, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 21 August 2012 11:44AM
Heinz is to unveil a new sauce, backed by significant marketing support, and is also launching a social media campaign, created by We Are Social, offering the chance for users to have their names engraved on a commemorative dried bean.
Details of the name of the sauce and the campaign are expected to be unveiled in the coming weeks.
The social media campaign, meanwhile, kicks off this week and is called 'Your Name On A Bean'.
The campaign will involve consumers taking part in a fun personality test to get the chance to have their name engraved on a special commemorative dried bean.
To take part, consumers need to log onto http://www.facebook.com /heinzbeanz and answer six light-hearted, multiple-choice questions, to find out what kind of "bean" they are.
Those who complete the quiz will be automatically entered into a draw to win an engraved dried bean that most matches their personality.
Heinz will select a winner from each bean variety every hour, which equates to 120 beans a day and 1.440 beans over the 10-day campaign.
Positioned as 'Beanz For Grown Up'’, Heinz Five Beanz contains five different beans – haricot, kidney, pinto, cannelloni and borlotti – in the classic Heiniz Beanz tomato sauce.
The social media campaign runs alongside a fully integrated campaign, including digital, print and outdoor advertising.
According to industry figures, Heinz Beanz range is the market leader in the beans category, with a 66% share of the market.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Publicity Manager Stopgap £47000 per annum + 12 month FTC, London
- Account Manager and Senior Account Manager air recruitment £32k - £38k dependent on your experience plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up
- Sometimes collaboration, not innovation, can be the key to winning campaigns
- Virgin Trains spends £8 million on advertising to refocus on its brand
- WPP challenges Govt review