Dave to install 'man chairs' in Burton Menswear
By Matthew Chapman, mediaweek.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 August 2012 10:20AM
Dave is installing "man chairs" in Burton Menswear stores to provide shoppers with a place to watch pre-loaded content from the TV channel on tablet devices.
The partnership has been developed by Mediator, Dave owner UKTV's partnership and promotions agency, and is designed to drive awareness of new content on Dave including US show 'Suits' and upcoming commissions including 'Red Dwarf X'.
The six-month in-store promotion also includes exposure for the channel via Burton's window displays, in-store POS and digital platforms.
Burton Menswear is hoping the partnership will drive footfall, increase dwell time and capture data about customers via built-in features on the tablet.
Hik Sasaki, senior marketing manager at Dave, said: "[The deal has] secured a partner who not only resonates with our viewers, but enables Dave to drive deeper engagement and maintain off-air awareness."
Caroline Kay, senior account manager at Mediator, said: "[The] concept itself celebrates the brand while a partnership with Burton Menswear delivers a sensory experience that creates 'talkability' around Dave’s great new shows."
News of the in-store initiative comes shortly after Dave re-launched its nationwide two-for-one comedy ticket scheme in partnership with Absolute Radio, which is now called 'Dave & Absolute Radio's 2 for 1'.
Mediator negotiated deals with 100 comedy venues across the UK for the scheme.
People can search on a comedy calendar for two-for-one tickets in their area via a digital platform developed by Mediator that is hosted on the Dave website, www.joindave.co.uk.
Tickets can be bought directly from the Dave website as a result of a partnership between Dave and ticketing company WeGotTickets.
Absolute Radio was chosen as the media partners to promote the deal because its hosts include comedians including Frank Skinner and Dave Gorman.
The offer is being promoted on-air, online and via digital media in an attempt to reach over 12 million people.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Manager / Director Aspire £35000.00 - £50000.00 per annum, London
- Chief Client Director Aspire £100000 - £150000 per annum, London
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Notonthehighstreet sponsors London Underground 'baby on board' badge
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Has JCDecaux chosen the wrong time to abandon its trade body?
- Mother backs new integrated agency The Romans
- The Sun cuts topless models on Page 3