Tetley claims media first with 4oD pause ads
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 August 2012 11:25AM
Tetley ads that invite viewers to "Make time. Make Tetley" will appear on Channel 4's on-demand lifestyle programming during the next three months whenever a programme is paused, in the first placement of its type.
MediaVest has booked the AdPause, which is one of Channel 4's recently released enhanced video ad formats.
The ads will appear from today and MediaVest expects they will reach more than three million pauses across the exclusive three-month tenancy period.
The campaign includes a TV ad that first aired on 13 August and features a young woman updating her social media page with a post about getting her dream job.
Before posting, she imagines the kind of clichéd responses she would get from her social media network. She then realises, thanks to Tetley, that she would much rather share her news, face to face, over a cup of tea with her best friends.
The ad concludes with the real friends enjoying their tea and friendly banter.
Steve Parker, managing director at MediaVest, said: "The digital age pulls us apart as much as it brings us together so Tetley, MediaVest and Channel 4 have partnered to create the first ever live pause advertising campaign that makes light of the natural synergy between pausing and having a tea break."Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Freelance Designer Source £150 - £250 per day, London
- Planner - Shopper / Integrated agency / Recent award winner - to £50k Fill Recruitment to £50k plus superb benefits, London (Greater)
- Sales Manager - OOH/Major Event Sponsorship Ultimate Asset £30000 - £40000 per annum + Uncapped Commission, London
- Junior Art Director air recruitment Up to £28k - dependent on experience + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- EXHIBITION DESIGNER - EXHIBITION DESIGN AND MANAGEMENT AGENCY Live Recruitment Negotiable, West Midlands
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media