BD Network wins Ocado campaign brief
By Daniel Farey-Jones, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 22 August 2012 02:50PM
Online grocer Ocado has appointed BD Network to produce creative work for an advertising campaign in the autumn, stressing its product quality, service and difference to established supermarkets.
The agency's work will be used across video-on-demand, outdoor, press, digital and direct marketing, with media handled by Starcom MediaVest.
Jason Gissing, co-founder of Ocado, said: "We were really impressed with BD Network's strategic grasp of our challenge and are confident they will produce a campaign that shares our own unique vision – to offer a better way for people to shop for their groceries, that goes beyond what the traditional supermarkets offer."
Ocado currently focuses adverting on inserts and outdoor activity, to raise awareness of promotions and new product ranges.
Its recent promotional marketing included a press campaign highlighting its price-match offer against Tesco on branded products, which used the strapline, "Ocado. Prices worth checking out".
Separately, Ocado has this week launched a short film competition on the theme of "my worst supermarket shopping experience", to highlight the benefits of shopping at Ocado versus the traditional supermarket shop.
The competition runs to the end of September, with the winner receiving a year's free shopping from Ocado. The brand hopes to use some entries in future marketing campaigns.Follow @DanFareyJones
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Senior Programmatic Sales Manager - Content Ad-tech Platform Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission and benefits , London
- Social Media Manager Dot-Gap £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned