Lidl kicks off £18m creative and media review
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
Lidl is on the hunt for an agency to handle its £18 million UK advertising account.
The retailer has approached agencies directly, inviting them to attend chemistry meetings in early September.
It is also understood to be plotting a review of its media planning and buying arrangements, which are currently held in-house.
Lidl is looking for an agency to create a brand campaign that will convert those who use the supermarket to "top up" their weekly shop with grocery essentials into regular customers.
The move is believed to have been prompted by the success of its rival Aldi’s award-winning "like brands" advertising campaign, which was created by McCann Manchester.
Lidl, which currently works with AV Browne, has not previously invested heavily in brand advertising, focusing instead on tactical print work.
The retailer launched a TV spot that ran on regional channels in June 2009. Created by the production company Banana Split, the work aired during family meal times and focused on the freshness of the supermarket’s produce.
Last month, Lidl replaced Littlewoods.com as the sponsor of the Daily Mirror Pride of Britain Awards, in a two-year, six-figure deal.
Lidl had a 2.8 per cent share of the market for supermarkets – the same as Aldi – after growing sales by 11.3 per cent in the 12 weeks to 13 May.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Account Director Creative Recruitment £50000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Digital / Interactive Designer (Leeds) The Little Black Book Agency £24000 - £36000 per annum, Leeds
- Five black Pencils awarded at D&AD 2015
- Diageo and BBH end 15-year relationship
- Networking is never easier than in the queue for the toilet
- Campaign Viral Chart: True Detective trailer in number one spot
- Is The Net Set a welcome addition?
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media