Louis Vuitton launches global ad contest
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
Louis Vuitton, the fashion house, is reviewing its global advertising arrangements.
A pitch for the luxury brand’s global business, currently held by Ogilvy & Mather Paris, is being run out of the French capital. Ogilvy & Mather is repitching for the account.
Ogilvy & Mather Paris won the global Louis Vuitton account in December 2006 after a pitch against the incumbent, BETC, and TBWA\London.
Louis Vuitton, which is part of the LVMH luxury goods conglomerate, is known for featuring high-profile celebrities in its ad campaigns.
The brand’s latest signing is Michael Phelps, the swimmer and world’s most decorated Olympian, who features in a newly released print ad, shot by Annie Leibovitz.
Ogilvy & Mather created a TV spot for the brand last month featuring Yasiin Bey. In the film, Bey recites some of Muhammad Ali’s famous speeches.
In April last year, Louis Vuitton paid Angelina Jolie more than £6 million to be the face of the label. The amount was thought to be a record for a single ad campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- SOCIAL MEDIA SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE - WEST END - TO £29,000 D Salt £28000 - £29000 per annum + excellent benefits!!, London
- Global Market Launch Manager Stopgap competitive + excellent benefits, Surrey
- B2B Campaign Manager UK Stopgap competitive + benefits, Surrey
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood
- Publicis Groupe extends deadline for Sapient deal again
- Lidstone exits Havas amid restructure