Louis Vuitton launches global ad contest
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 08:00AM
Louis Vuitton, the fashion house, is reviewing its global advertising arrangements.
A pitch for the luxury brand’s global business, currently held by Ogilvy & Mather Paris, is being run out of the French capital. Ogilvy & Mather is repitching for the account.
Ogilvy & Mather Paris won the global Louis Vuitton account in December 2006 after a pitch against the incumbent, BETC, and TBWA\London.
Louis Vuitton, which is part of the LVMH luxury goods conglomerate, is known for featuring high-profile celebrities in its ad campaigns.
The brand’s latest signing is Michael Phelps, the swimmer and world’s most decorated Olympian, who features in a newly released print ad, shot by Annie Leibovitz.
Ogilvy & Mather created a TV spot for the brand last month featuring Yasiin Bey. In the film, Bey recites some of Muhammad Ali’s famous speeches.
In April last year, Louis Vuitton paid Angelina Jolie more than £6 million to be the face of the label. The amount was thought to be a record for a single ad campaign.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Pitch Consultants £40000 - £50000 per annum, Manchester
- Account Director / Senior Account Director - Stunning Agency Fill Recruitment to £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital and Integrated Planner air recruitment Up to £60K (dependent on experience) plus benefits and bonuses, London (Central), London (Greater)
- CREATIVE LEAD - EVENTS & EXPERIENTIAL Live Recruitment Negotiable, City of London