The Media Shop goes into administration
By Katherine Levy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 10:40AM
The Media Shop has gone into administration, leaving more than 20 clients without an agency.
The London-based media planning and buying agency, which has combined billings of around £20 million, handles clients including Florette, Miele, Space NK, Fitness First, TM Lewin, Henkel and Ryman.
Chantrey Vellacott DFK was appointed as the administrator earlier this month. A spokesman for the accountancy firm said: "Times were hard and The Media Shop couldn't pay off all the debts that they had built up."
While the administrator works on trying to realise the assets of the company and return the best value to creditors, clients with campaigns that are currently live, including Florette and Miele, have been moved to TCS Media.
It is understood that the remaining 20-plus clients are not yet assigned to new shops.
The Media Shop was founded in 1979. In 2005, the managing partners, John Alligan, Sue Fernando-Solini, Richard Huglin and Melanie Levene, staged a management buyout of the agency.
The partners are currently acting as consultants for The Media Shop's clients.Follow @KatherinePLevy
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Designer 20-35k London - Advertising Tech Company Creative Recruitment £20000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, London
- senior account director > RETAIL > GLOBAL AGENCY collectivo Salary confidential, London
- social media account manager > DRINKS BRAND collectivo to £25-30k + amazing bens, London
- Press Investment Senior Exec Aspire £25000.00 - £34000.00 per annum, London
- Group Marketing Manager - Leading Media Business ADLIB £30000 - £40000 per annum, Bath
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham