Mike Hoban leaves Confused.com
Mike Hoban, Confused.com's chief marketing officer, is leaving the price comparison website to pursue "other interests".
Hoban joined Confused.com in July 2010, following an 18-month stint leading the marketing for the government's Directgov portal.
He has also previously held senior marketing roles at Scottish Widows, Barclaycard, British Airways and WH Smith.
While at Confused.com, Hoban oversaw the development of the site's ongoing animated musical ad campaign centred around female brand character Cara.
The ads, featuring re-worded versions of 70s disco hit 'YMCA', have recently promoted the brand's tie-up with loyalty scheme Nectar.
In January, Hoban also hired Publicis London to handle Confused.com's ad account, after previously creating its campaigns in-house.
It is not known who will be replacing Hoban, although it is believed chief executive Nicolas Weng Kan will oversee marketing until a replacement is appointed.
According to Nielsen, Confused.com spent £32m on above-the-line advertising in 2011, more than any of its rivals.
Gocompare.com spent around £27m, Comparethemarket.com invested around £24m, while Moneysupermarket.com spent £15m on above-the-line ads.
Rival Gocompare.com recently launched a controversial ad campaign in which celebrities such as Sue Barker and Stuart Pearce are seen attacking its opera-singing ad character Gio Compario.Follow @alex_brownsell
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Head Of Digital Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Marketing Analyst Ball & Hoolahan £32,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £70,000 + Car/Car Allowance, Dublin
- International Brand Marketing Manager - Sport Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, South East England
- Brawn and bread: Sly Stallone stars in Warburtons campaign
- Age UK launches 'no friends' ads in response to Facebook campaign
- Five traits that define a south of the river agency
- Schwarzenegger vs Stallone: Whose ad is better?
- Lurpak rolls out jazz teaser by Juan Cabral
- Kate Robertson steps down from Havas