M&C Saatchi NY hires AKQA's Pierre Lipton as chief creative officer
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 23 August 2012 04:14PM
Pierre Lipton, the executive creative director at AKQA in San Francisco, is set to join M&C Saatchi's New York office in October as chief creative officer.
He will report to Jeff Brooks, M&C Saatchi New York chief executive.
Lipton has worked at AKQA in San Francisco as executive creative director since June 2010.
He was responsible for running a creative department of more than 125 people, and overseeing work on behalf of clients including Xbox, YouTube, Audi, Gap, Autodesk, Target and Visa.
Lipton, a copywriter by trade, has held positions at several creative shops in New York, including BBDO and TBWA.
As a senior vice-president at BBDO he produced internationally-recognized work for HBO’s 'Big Love', HBO’s 'True Blood', Daimler Smart Car, The Economist, AT&T and the Special Olympics, receiving a Gold Cannes Lion, three One Show Pencils, four Art Directors' Cubes, a Gold Obie and a Clio.
Previously, as an associate creative director at TBWA, he helped launch the famous 'In An Absolut World' campaign for Absolut Vodka.
Lipton also held positions at Fallon, Kirshenbaum Bond & Partners, and DeVito/Verdi, working on such clients as Starbucks, Liberty Mutual, Snickers, Sprint and Virgin Mobile.
Brooks was hired by M&C Saatchi in February to spearhead the revival of its New York office.
Lipton said: "The opportunity to join the M&C Saatchi family was too great to pass up. Jeff and I have each led within both digital and traditional agencies.
"To be able to take what we've learned and create a new agency model built for what clients really want in today's world is extremely exciting. And to do it with the backing of a global network gives us strength and stability from the start."
Brooks said: "The beauty of the New York operation, given its early stage, is that we don't have the legacy issues with which many large agencies still struggle.
"There's a lot of freedom and that breeds tremendous creativity. Finding the right creative partner was at the top of my agenda since joining. I've no doubt that the industry is going to be hearing a lot more about Pierre Lipton and M&C Saatchi."
Brooks added that a search was underway for a chief strategy officer to round out the management team.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Account Director Brand Recruitment £45000 per annum, Cambridge
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool