Unilever celebrates 'one millionth Lynx Effect'
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 August 2012 09:15AM
Lynx has launched a commemorative video that features more than 30 references to its famous ads, to celebrate reaching a million fans on Facebook.
The film by TMW, opens with the line, "The one millionth Lynx Effect" and features a man setting off a 'Rube Goldberg' machine in his bedroom.
As the chain reaction takes effect, more than 30 references to previous Lynx campaigns and scents are woven into the machine, which at the end of its rotation finally sprays the man in Lynx.
The scene then turns into a celebratory party featuring the cast and crew from the Rube Goldberg machine spot.
It ends with the text, "We’ve reached a million fans. We've hidden plenty of nods to the Lynx legacy throughout this video. True fans will be able to spot them all. Can you?"
The machine and set took three weeks to build and the one-day shoot took 58 takes and resets to create the final film.
TMW's team included creative director Graeme Noble, deputy creative director Jeff Bowerman, copywriter Dave Parker and planner Mike Philips.
Production company Record worked with director Benji Croce and producer Stuart York.
The set was designed by Hannah White and the machine was designed by Nick Ramage, while the film was edited by Sam White.
The viral features on Lynx’s Facebook page and YouTube. It is the first Unilever brand in the UK and Ireland to get one million Facebook fans.
Lynx’s new fan status comes less than a week after it launched a Facebook competition for consumers to win a place on "Chaos Island" for a three-day party, as part of its Lynx Attract activity. The variant is the first time the male grooming brand has created a scent for women.
The global TV ad for "Chaos Island", created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, features a set of speed boats filled with waiters, pizza delivery people, a band, girls having a pillow fight and barman travelling to a tropical island.
The ad uses the strapline: "Seriously, this isn't a joke. We've got an island."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Director - specialist integrated agency JEFFERSON £60-75k plus benefits dependent on experience, Based just outside Kingston Upon Thames
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers