Unilever celebrates 'one millionth Lynx Effect'
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 August 2012 09:15AM
Lynx has launched a commemorative video that features more than 30 references to its famous ads, to celebrate reaching a million fans on Facebook.
The film by TMW, opens with the line, "The one millionth Lynx Effect" and features a man setting off a 'Rube Goldberg' machine in his bedroom.
As the chain reaction takes effect, more than 30 references to previous Lynx campaigns and scents are woven into the machine, which at the end of its rotation finally sprays the man in Lynx.
The scene then turns into a celebratory party featuring the cast and crew from the Rube Goldberg machine spot.
It ends with the text, "We’ve reached a million fans. We've hidden plenty of nods to the Lynx legacy throughout this video. True fans will be able to spot them all. Can you?"
The machine and set took three weeks to build and the one-day shoot took 58 takes and resets to create the final film.
TMW's team included creative director Graeme Noble, deputy creative director Jeff Bowerman, copywriter Dave Parker and planner Mike Philips.
Production company Record worked with director Benji Croce and producer Stuart York.
The set was designed by Hannah White and the machine was designed by Nick Ramage, while the film was edited by Sam White.
The viral features on Lynx’s Facebook page and YouTube. It is the first Unilever brand in the UK and Ireland to get one million Facebook fans.
Lynx’s new fan status comes less than a week after it launched a Facebook competition for consumers to win a place on "Chaos Island" for a three-day party, as part of its Lynx Attract activity. The variant is the first time the male grooming brand has created a scent for women.
The global TV ad for "Chaos Island", created by Bartle Bogle Hegarty, features a set of speed boats filled with waiters, pizza delivery people, a band, girls having a pillow fight and barman travelling to a tropical island.
The ad uses the strapline: "Seriously, this isn't a joke. We've got an island."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Search / Biddable Exec - Full-Service Agency Silverdrum up to £30,000 + benefits, London
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £42,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Assistant Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £35,000 per annum , South East England
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad