Kraft Foods appoints Arc London to Mikado brief
By Nick Batten, campaignlive.co.uk, Friday, 24 August 2012 12:27PM
Kraft Foods has appointed Arc London to handle strategic shopper marketing plan for its Mikado biscuit range.
The Publicis Groupe-owned agency will work alongside Mikado's media agency, PHD, to develop a shopper strategy, leading to a first bout of activity in early 2013.
The strategy is expected to involve making Mikado more relevant to its consumers' lifestyles and giving the brand more presence in-store.
Alastair Pilgrim, brand manager at Mikado, said: "We chose Arc because they demonstrated a very good grasp of the brand's challenges in a very short time, supporting their pitch with solid background research and great creative ideas.
"We're looking forward to working with them to use shopper marketing more strategically, to drive our performance in 2013."
Michelle Whelan, client services director at Arc London, said: "We are thrilled Kraft Foods has appointed Arc to develop Mikado's shopper plans for 2013. This is especially exciting as the brand has real in-store challenges and operates in an incredibly competitive sector."
In October 2011, Mikado became the first advertiser to use Channel 4's new Ad Bloom format, which allowed advertisers to include a content-rich microsite within the player, with photos, videos and information on product features, instead of just a pre-roll ad.Follow @nickbatten2
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £70,000 + benefits, London
- Planner, Top Direct Marketing/Digital Agency London Direct Recruitment £45,000 - £65,000, London
- Planner Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £70,000, London
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show