C4 and BP team up for Paralympic tweet campaign
By Jeremy King, mediaweek.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 August 2012 09:55AM
BP has teamed up with Channel 4 to persuade the nation to tweet good luck messages to the energy giant's three Paralympic athlete ambassadors.
Richard Whitehead, Shelly Woods and Stef Reid will be competing for Great Britain in the Paralympics, which start tomorrow (29 August).
BP will run ads during the Opening Ceremony that ask viewers to tweet their good luck messages.
The tweets will then be used in bespoke ads starring the athletes, which will then be played out before and during the events they are competing in.
David Amodio, agency principle at Channel 4, said: "This is an innovative way of combining social and broadcast media.
"Great Britain is riding high on the back of a successful Olympics so we expect incredible support for our Paralympic athletes."
Mark Rose, UK brand manager for BP, said: "After such a phenomenal Olympics, we’re starting to see incredible public support on our social media platforms for the Paralympians we support.
"With the rise in audience 'dual screening' encouraging the public to tweet whilst watching Channel 4’s coverage, it’s a natural way for the public to join BP in wishing Richard, Shelly and Stef good luck."
The deal was managed by Dan Bixby, trading account manager at Channel 4.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham