Standard Life restructures marketing team
Life assurance brand Standard Life is to carry out a restructure of its global business, which will involve UK marketing director Bruce Kelsall departing the business in October.
The firm’s marketing, retail customer relationship and private client management functions will be integrated into a single new division, customer and marketing. The new team will be led by newly appointed managing director, customer and marketing, Stephen Ingledew, who was previously UK managing director, corporate.
Kelsall was promoted to the top marketing role in February 2011, following the decision of predecessor Simon Gulliford to step down. Kelsall first joined Standard Life in January 2010, having previously held the role of commercial director at Barclays' UK retail banking division. He has also consulted for a number of brands, including Experian and Santander.
The overhaul includes the promotion of Graeme McEwan to the position of director of group communications and brand, where he will oversee Standard Life’s company-wide brand strategy. McEwan was previously group director of communications.
A Standard Life spokesperson said: "Today’s changes allow us to take further advantage of the significant progress we've made transforming the operational and financial performance of Standard Life."
It follows the appointment of Paul Matthews as UK and Ireland chief executive in June.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Lead Designer (Print, Agency, Conceptual, Typography, ATL, BTL) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Paid Social Manager - Leading Media Agency - Biddable Media Ultimate Asset £28000 - £36000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Freelance Planner - FMCG, Pitches & Government Business Speckled Frog £250-£300 daily rate, possibly negotiable, dependent on experience, Central London
- Brand and Marketing Manager sipsmith Up to £30,000 = Benefits (including gin!), Chiswick. London