McCann Bristol wins Sea Life aquarium account for global TV brief
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Tuesday, 28 August 2012 12:41PM
Sea Life has appointed McCann Bristol to create a global TV campaign in partnership with its Australian office, following a competitive pitch.
Sea Life, the global aquarium brand, is owned by Merlin Entertainments and currently operates 44 aquariums across 17 countries.
McCann Bristol has been appointed to create a global TV ad campaign to run across key markets, including the UK, Germany and Australia.
The agency said the campaign would aim to create a "sense of wonder and amazement", while seeking to educate consumers about the brand's work to conserve the world’s oceans.
McCann Bristol will work closely with the McCann Sydney office to create the campaign. Sydney Aquarium is currently undergoing a rebrand to become Sea Life Sydney, and the campaign will serve as supporting activity in the attraction's relaunch.
The aquarium is undergoing a $6.5m (£4.3m) redevelopment and will boast 650 different species, 14 new features and the world's largest collection of sharks and rays.
Sarah Taylor, global head of marketing, Sea Life, said: "McCann Bristol's creative ideas for the TV campaign really captured the excitement and wonder of Sea Life, and it was clear that they had thoroughly researched our offering – not only in the UK, but globally too.
"The insights that the company can provide us with on a global scale are just what we need to successfully roll out the TV campaign into different markets in the coming months, and in turn, attract visitors."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- SAM Twist Recruitment £32000 - £38000 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Senior Digital Consultant - Award Winning PR Agency - Big Brands, Central London Capstone Hill Search £65,000 , W1G 0PW, London (Greater)
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £100000 per annum + significant benefits , London
- Account Manager/Client Manager - Data Heavy Brand Recruitment £26000 - £32000 per annum + plus benefits, Aylesbury
- Facebook IQ reveals marketing to millennials is flawed
- Vizeum retains £14m AB InBev in the UK and adds European markets
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Sir Martin Sorrell labels Omnicom CFO exit 'bizarre'
- Guardian joins forces with Telegraph for media planning tool