TUI Travel commits to 'greener' holidays
TUI Travel, the company behind holiday brands Thomson and First Choice, has revealed a three-year sustainability strategy to deliver 10 million "greener and fairer" holidays and to become Europe's most fuel-efficient airline operator.
TUI Travel’s Sustainable Holidays Plan 2012-1014 outlines four goals to be met over the next three years:
- To deliver more than 10 million "greener" holidays
- To operate Europe’s most fuel-efficient carriers under its Thomson Airways and TUI Fly brands and to save more than 20,000 tonnes of carbon from their ground operations
- To have colleagues rate TUI Travel as a leader in sustainability
- To have consumers regard the company as a leader in delivering sustainable holidays
The company will measure its "greener and fairer" holidays promise through the number of customers taken to hotels with credible sustainability certifications, while it will measure the regard that colleagues and consumers hold towards its sustainability efforts through a series of global opinion surveys and consumer research.
TUI Travel is a pioneer partner of non-profit sustainability organisation Forum for the Future. The two businesses have been working together since 2002 to set TUI Travel's sustainability strategy and put it into action.
Peter Long, chief executive at TUI Travel, said: "I am pleased to present TUI Travel’s three-year Sustainable Holidays Plan – testament to the fact that we remain as committed as ever to sustainable development despite a background of uncertainty in the global economy.
"Our vision is to make travel experiences special, while minimising environmental impact, respecting culture and people, and bringing economic benefit to communities. Achieving this vision is critical to the future health of our own business, the wider industry, the customers we serve and the communities they visit.
"Hence our new Sustainable Holidays Plan – four over-arching sustainable development goals, underpinned by 20 challenging and measurable commitments, which businesses across TUI Travel will work to deliver and through which we aim to lead the industry, creating change at scale.’’
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- CREATIVE DIRECTORS Live Recruitment Negotiable, England
- DIGITAL DESIGNER - DIGITAL AGENCY Live Recruitment £23000 - £28000 per annum + BENS, Surrey
- GRAPHIC DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment £NEG + BENEFITS, Hertfordshire
- DESIGNER - AGENCY Live Recruitment DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE, North West England
- DESIGNERS - DIGITAL, INTEGRATED AND PRINT Live Recruitment £competitive, West Midlands
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne
- Group M retains £80m Lloyds media
- WPP's Martin Sorrell reconsiders strength of newspapers