Luxottica appoints Omnicom Media Group to global media
Luxottica, the eyewear manufacturer of brands such as Ray-Ban and owner of the Sunglass Hut, has appointed Omnicom Media Group to its global media planning and buying business following a pitch.
Sources close to Omnicom Media Group (OMG) confirmed it had won the business but could not clarify which of its media agency networks would be working with specific Luxottica brands in particular territories.
Luxottica's UK media planning and buying is currently handled by Aegis Media’s Carat, which also works with the group in other markets in Europe and North America.
It is understood that OMG's OMD worked with Luxottica in the US until the group appointed Starcom in 2005. Since 2010 Luxottica has had a wider relationship with Starcom’s parent Publicis Groupe in the US.
The business is estimated to be worth more than $100m (£63.2m) in billings in the US, of which Carat's portion is understood to be worth $15m.
It emerged in May that Luxottica wanted to appoint a single global agency, although a brief seen by Campaign suggested that Luxottica would appoint a roster if it could not find one network to fill its requirements.
A spokeswoman for OMG declined to comment. A spokesman for Luxottica had not responded to requests for comment by the time of publication.
Alongside Ray-Ban, Luxottica’s house brands include Oakley and Persol, while the company also manufactures eyewear on licence for Burberry, Prada, Chanel and Ralph Lauren and owns 7,100 shops, under different brands, across the world.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager Aspire £30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum, London
- Account Manager - Fantastic London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £32000 per annum, Benefits: Great agency benefits , London
- Account Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £28000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Head of Social - Top London Agency Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment 70000, London
- Digital Director - Integrated Entertainment Marketing Agency - London - £50k - £60k - NP205 Stonor £50k - £60k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne