Old Spice pumps out interactive music activity
By Loulla-Mae Eleftheriou-Smith, campaignlive.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 12:10PM
Wieden & Kennedy Portland has created a digital campaign for Old Spice to promote Danger Zone, the brand's latest scent, which features muscleman Terry Crews playing a drum set with his muscles.
The video features Crews strapped to a makeshift drum kit, surrounded cymbals, saxophones and a keyboard.
He plays a song by moving his muscles, which are attached to a set of pads on his pecks, arms and abdomen that are hooked up to the instruments.
The video then turns into an interactive experience in which consumers can control Crews' muscles and the sounds he produces through their own keyboard, and then record their own version of the song for Danger Zone.
The video was created through a collaboration between Wieden & Kennedy Portland, video platform Vimeo, director Tom Kuntz, Mackenzie Cutler and production company The Mill.
Vimeo has built a custom experience and a creation tool for Old Spice that can be embedded into all of the brand’s social media channels.Follow @loullamae_es
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- DIGITAL STRATEGY MANAGER - INTEGRATED MARKETING AGENCY Live Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, East Midlands
- Account Director - International - Video Tech Business Ultimate Asset £50000 - £60000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London
- DIGITAL ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - MEDICAL COMMUNICATIONS AGENCY Live Recruitment £50000 - £60000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits, Berkshire
- CRM Executive - £30k - London Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum + bens, London