Land Rover charts 65-year history in first brand campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 12:50PM
Land Rover launches its first brand campaign, which charts the history of the car marque back to its beginnings in 1947, breaking during tonight's coverage of the Paralympic Games on Channel 4.
The ad, created by Y&R, shows footage of the Land Rover car over the past 65 years, and refers to the future of the brand and the "family" of cars it has developed. It uses the strapline, "65 years on, we continue to go above and beyond."
Laura Schwab, marketing director at Land Rover said, "The campaign marks the beginning of an exciting new journey for the Land Rover brand and signals our progression towards our future vision to be the world's SUV brand of choice for today and tomorrow."
Land Rover has struck a bespoke deal with Channel 4, arranged by Mindshare, for the 60-second spot to run during the Paralympics coverage on TV.
This will be supported by a 30-second version that will be placed around Channel 4's Paralympics coverage on its on-demand service 40D, and via tablets, iPhone, desktop and Virgin TV.
The ad will continue to run on Channel 4 throughout September after the end of the Paralympic Games.
Previous marketing activity has been around specific models, and in April, Land Rover rolled out an ad campaign, promoting its Discovery 4. It launched its first global campaign promoting the Freelander 2 model at the beginning of this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager - Digital Agency £35K Source £32000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Data Analyst **Prestigious and Forward Thinking Media Agency** Lipton Fleming £30000 - £40000 per annum + fantastic benefits, London
- Marketing Manager Stopgap £45000 - £60000 per annum, ShÃ nghÇŽi
- Global Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £65,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
Agency: Wieden & Kennedy New York
- Twitter launches learning hub for agencies
- Guinness Africa launches 'made of black' campaign with Kanye West ad
- McDonald's launches 40th anniversary campaign
- TalkTalk to launch user-generated X Factor idents
- Watch Harvey Keitel's Wolf bark again in new Direct Line ads
- Celebrity Cruises opts for Goodstuff