Land Rover charts 65-year history in first brand campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 12:50PM
Land Rover launches its first brand campaign, which charts the history of the car marque back to its beginnings in 1947, breaking during tonight's coverage of the Paralympic Games on Channel 4.
The ad, created by Y&R, shows footage of the Land Rover car over the past 65 years, and refers to the future of the brand and the "family" of cars it has developed. It uses the strapline, "65 years on, we continue to go above and beyond."
Laura Schwab, marketing director at Land Rover said, "The campaign marks the beginning of an exciting new journey for the Land Rover brand and signals our progression towards our future vision to be the world's SUV brand of choice for today and tomorrow."
Land Rover has struck a bespoke deal with Channel 4, arranged by Mindshare, for the 60-second spot to run during the Paralympics coverage on TV.
This will be supported by a 30-second version that will be placed around Channel 4's Paralympics coverage on its on-demand service 40D, and via tablets, iPhone, desktop and Virgin TV.
The ad will continue to run on Channel 4 throughout September after the end of the Paralympic Games.
Previous marketing activity has been around specific models, and in April, Land Rover rolled out an ad campaign, promoting its Discovery 4. It launched its first global campaign promoting the Freelander 2 model at the beginning of this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham