Land Rover charts 65-year history in first brand campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 12:50PM
Land Rover launches its first brand campaign, which charts the history of the car marque back to its beginnings in 1947, breaking during tonight's coverage of the Paralympic Games on Channel 4.
The ad, created by Y&R, shows footage of the Land Rover car over the past 65 years, and refers to the future of the brand and the "family" of cars it has developed. It uses the strapline, "65 years on, we continue to go above and beyond."
Laura Schwab, marketing director at Land Rover said, "The campaign marks the beginning of an exciting new journey for the Land Rover brand and signals our progression towards our future vision to be the world's SUV brand of choice for today and tomorrow."
Land Rover has struck a bespoke deal with Channel 4, arranged by Mindshare, for the 60-second spot to run during the Paralympics coverage on TV.
This will be supported by a 30-second version that will be placed around Channel 4's Paralympics coverage on its on-demand service 40D, and via tablets, iPhone, desktop and Virgin TV.
The ad will continue to run on Channel 4 throughout September after the end of the Paralympic Games.
Previous marketing activity has been around specific models, and in April, Land Rover rolled out an ad campaign, promoting its Discovery 4. It launched its first global campaign promoting the Freelander 2 model at the beginning of this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood