Land Rover charts 65-year history in first brand campaign
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Wednesday, 29 August 2012 12:50PM
Land Rover launches its first brand campaign, which charts the history of the car marque back to its beginnings in 1947, breaking during tonight's coverage of the Paralympic Games on Channel 4.
The ad, created by Y&R, shows footage of the Land Rover car over the past 65 years, and refers to the future of the brand and the "family" of cars it has developed. It uses the strapline, "65 years on, we continue to go above and beyond."
Laura Schwab, marketing director at Land Rover said, "The campaign marks the beginning of an exciting new journey for the Land Rover brand and signals our progression towards our future vision to be the world's SUV brand of choice for today and tomorrow."
Land Rover has struck a bespoke deal with Channel 4, arranged by Mindshare, for the 60-second spot to run during the Paralympics coverage on TV.
This will be supported by a 30-second version that will be placed around Channel 4's Paralympics coverage on its on-demand service 40D, and via tablets, iPhone, desktop and Virgin TV.
The ad will continue to run on Channel 4 throughout September after the end of the Paralympic Games.
Previous marketing activity has been around specific models, and in April, Land Rover rolled out an ad campaign, promoting its Discovery 4. It launched its first global campaign promoting the Freelander 2 model at the beginning of this year.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Research Manager - Quantitative & Qualitative Trace £35,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- LEAD CONCEPTUAL DESIGNER - PRINT & POS - CREATIVE AGENCY - c£45 Salt £45000 per annum, Berkshire
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- Philips launches campaign for app-controlled lightbulbs
- 5 key trends from Dmexco 2014
- Sorrell warns of Scotland becoming an 'outlier' and the UK 'diminished' by a Yes vote
- Notonthehighstreet.com launches brand campaign
- Publicis boss Maurice Lévy to step down in 2017 amid board shake-up