Ad agencies vie for £4m Douwe Egberts brief
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 08:00AM
Douwe Egberts is seeking an agency for its £4 million UK above-the-line advertising account.
The coffee brand has contacted shops to invite them to pitch for the business via the intermediary Barbara Stopher.
The 250-year-old Dutch brand is the third-largest coffee supplier in the UK and has plans to grow sales for its roast and ground products.
Douwe Egberts has recently worked with CST The Gate, which, as Chick Smith Trott, picked up the advertising account in 2008.
The agency beat VCCP and Albion to the business. Before that, Douwe Egberts did not have an agency of record.
Last year, the brand promoted the relaunch of its ground coffee range with a sampling drive and a £1 million campaign that included advertising, digital and in-store elements.
The brand is owned by DE Master Blenders 1753, the coffee and tea unit that was spun off by Sara Lee in June. The company also owns the Senseo brand.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Account Manager Direct Recruitment £38,000 - £40,000, Central London
- Senior Analyst -Digital Direct Recruitment £50,000 - £60,000, Surrey
- Senior Data Analyst Direct Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000, London
- Digital and RM Data Performance Manager Direct Recruitment £55,000 - £60,000, West London
- Campaign Viral Chart: Amazon's drones topple van Damme
- Shazam reveals most tagged ads of 2013
- Ogilvy poaches McDonald's creative director for Unilever role
- VCCP, MediaCom, Lida and SapientNitro among Campaign's Agencies of 2013
- More evidence of strong TV spend in second half of 2013
- New year's resolution: learn to code in 2014