Sky Broadband signs £4m sponsor deal for ITV drama
BSkyB has signed a £4 million deal for Sky Broadband to sponsor ITV's "showcase drama" package, which will include the upcoming shows Mrs Biggs and Mr Selfridge.
Sky Broadband intends to use the sponsorship package to promote the range of services it offers.
The sponsorship was negotiated by MediaCom and the idents, which will be created by WCRS, will be tailored to fit the range of drama series included in the package.
Previously, ITV’s main drama package was called "ITV Drama Premieres" and was sponsored by Aviva from 2009. Downton Abbey was separated from the package and recently secured P&O Cruises as a sponsor.
Since Sky reached ten million households in 2010, the pay-TV giant has increasingly marketed additional services, such as telecoms and broadband, to its TV customers.
Lyssa McGowan, Sky’s brand director, communications products, said: "This sponsorship will provide strong reach for the message of Sky’s campaign – encouraging consumers to demand more from their broadband."
The package includes broadcast, online and mobile.
Chris Fuller, the head of broadcast sponsorship at MediaCom, said: "The high production values, stature and scale of the strand, coupled with the potential for some exciting activation opportunities, have made this the perfect union."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Head of UX & Digital Design Director MCG Associates tax free competitive package, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Ad Ops Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- PRODUCTION MANAGER - AGENCY - BERKSHIRE - £28-30K Salt £28000 - £30000 per annum + benefits, Berkshire
- Marketing Coordinator Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £24000 per annum, North West
- Media Specialist Major Players £200 - £250 per day, London
- KitKat's mocking Apple tweet outperforms Oreo's Superbowl
- TfL launches selfie campaign to encourage people to get home safely
- Argos releases alien swan song ad
- 13 ways to create a winning print ad
- Triumph launches Magic Wire bra with Twitter search for women's niggles
- Publicis unveils innovation concept