Sky Broadband signs £4m sponsor deal for ITV drama
BSkyB has signed a £4 million deal for Sky Broadband to sponsor ITV's "showcase drama" package, which will include the upcoming shows Mrs Biggs and Mr Selfridge.
Sky Broadband intends to use the sponsorship package to promote the range of services it offers.
The sponsorship was negotiated by MediaCom and the idents, which will be created by WCRS, will be tailored to fit the range of drama series included in the package.
Previously, ITV’s main drama package was called "ITV Drama Premieres" and was sponsored by Aviva from 2009. Downton Abbey was separated from the package and recently secured P&O Cruises as a sponsor.
Since Sky reached ten million households in 2010, the pay-TV giant has increasingly marketed additional services, such as telecoms and broadband, to its TV customers.
Lyssa McGowan, Sky’s brand director, communications products, said: "This sponsorship will provide strong reach for the message of Sky’s campaign – encouraging consumers to demand more from their broadband."
The package includes broadcast, online and mobile.
Chris Fuller, the head of broadcast sponsorship at MediaCom, said: "The high production values, stature and scale of the strand, coupled with the potential for some exciting activation opportunities, have made this the perfect union."Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Data Senior Account Director Direct Recruitment Up to £60,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Newstrade Channel Executive Future £competitive with excellent benefits, Bath, Somerset
- PR Luxury and Beauty Account Executive Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £20000 - £23000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager EMR £400 per day, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Producer - Top Social Media agency The Industry Club London Ltd 50K plus benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Spotify parts ways with European leader Chris Maples
- Campaign Viral Chart: New Yorkers nod to Derek Jeter
- Senior adland figures launch star-studded campaign against Scottish independence
- Channel 4 and Magnum Mini partner for 'sweet' 9pm film sponsorship
- 6 ads that made... Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- Steve Auckland becomes CEO of Independent and Evening Standard operations