Amazon launches into UK daily deals market
Amazon is expanding AmazonLocal, its daily deals website that offers discounts from local businesses high-street chains and online stores, into the UK, a year after launching in the US.
AmazonLocal will also offer discounted experiences, inclusing flying lessons and massages.
The site, local.amazon.co.uk, only includes offers for London, and Amazon has not revealed a timeframe for rolling out the service across the whole of the UK, but said it is "working quickly" to expand across the rest of the country.
The site requires consumers to subscribe to the service and to select an area within London that is most relevant to them, before selecting their preferred areas of interest, in order to receive tailored deals and offers.
Amazon's entry to the increasingly crowded UK daily deals market comes a month after Nectar launched its own discount service and two months after the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) sent letters of warning to 35 daily deals sites asking them to review their trading practices amid growing consumer concern.
Amazon launched the service in the US in June 2011, and has since expanded to a number of states from Florida to Georgia.
Read more on The Wall blog
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Field Manager - Experiential Agency - up to £34k Fill Recruitment Ltd Up to £34k, west london
- Senior Account Director/Group Account Director Twist Recruitment £48000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, City of London
- Digital Lead with Integrated Agency Gemini Search £60000 - £75000 per annum, City of London
- Product Manager - Global Automotive Giant - Berkshire Ninesharp £40000 - £50000 per annum + Great Benefits and Brand Car, Slough