Gumtree kicks off advertising pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 11:30AM
Gumtree.com, the classifieds website, is looking for an agency to handle its £3m advertising account has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch.
Gumtree has most recently worked with Beta, which it appointed to handle its TV work in July 2010.
Beta created the brand's first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up TV campaign, which broke in March 2011, comprised three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It's local, it's quick and it's free."
Before Beta, Gumtree worked with Albion, which won a branding brief in 2008 off the back of an existing relationship with the website's parent company, eBay.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Customer Experience & New Proposition Development Manager Salt £50000 - £52000 per annum, Slough
- Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £43,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Regional Insights Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- Tesco moves £90m media account to MediaCom
- Viacom pulls plug on C5 sales: more than 90 jobs to go
- Lego launches Facebook campaign that asks kids to create a kronkiwongi
- Twitter hunts for UK agencies
- Naked Cara Delevingne ad 'does not objectify women'
- Pedigree launches global 'feed the good' campaign with BBDO