Gumtree kicks off advertising pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 11:30AM
Gumtree.com, the classifieds website, is looking for an agency to handle its £3m advertising account has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch.
Gumtree has most recently worked with Beta, which it appointed to handle its TV work in July 2010.
Beta created the brand's first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up TV campaign, which broke in March 2011, comprised three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It's local, it's quick and it's free."
Before Beta, Gumtree worked with Albion, which won a branding brief in 2008 off the back of an existing relationship with the website's parent company, eBay.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Comms Account Manager- HUGE travel client £37K Ultimate Asset £35000 - £37000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Marketing Manager Guru Careers £35 - 45k DOE, Based in King's Cross, London (N1)
- European Marketing Communications Manager Ninesharp £35 - £40 per hour, North West England
- Channel Marketing Manager Ninesharp £130 - £150 per day, Egham
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Majority of 15m Twitter users in the UK follow a newspaper
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office