Gumtree kicks off advertising pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 11:30AM
Gumtree.com, the classifieds website, is looking for an agency to handle its £3m advertising account has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch.
Gumtree has most recently worked with Beta, which it appointed to handle its TV work in July 2010.
Beta created the brand's first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up TV campaign, which broke in March 2011, comprised three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It's local, it's quick and it's free."
Before Beta, Gumtree worked with Albion, which won a branding brief in 2008 off the back of an existing relationship with the website's parent company, eBay.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Director > ATL > TOP LONDON AGENCY collectivo £55,000 - £65,000, London
- planner > HUGE opportunity > BRAVE client collectivo Up to £60,000 + benefits, London (Greater)
- Foodie Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Project Manager (senior) Corporate Communications Recruitment circa £55k, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Consultant Corporate Communications Recruitment £70-£80k base plus bonus and package, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (West), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham