Gumtree kicks off advertising pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 11:30AM
Gumtree.com, the classifieds website, is looking for an agency to handle its £3m advertising account has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch.
Gumtree has most recently worked with Beta, which it appointed to handle its TV work in July 2010.
Beta created the brand's first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up TV campaign, which broke in March 2011, comprised three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It's local, it's quick and it's free."
Before Beta, Gumtree worked with Albion, which won a branding brief in 2008 off the back of an existing relationship with the website's parent company, eBay.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Digital Marketing Co-ordinator AF Selection Up to £25,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager Source £150 - £180 per day, London
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned