Gumtree kicks off advertising pitch
By Anne Cassidy, campaignlive.co.uk, Thursday, 30 August 2012 11:30AM
Gumtree.com, the classifieds website, is looking for an agency to handle its £3m advertising account has approached agencies directly to invite them to pitch.
Gumtree has most recently worked with Beta, which it appointed to handle its TV work in July 2010.
Beta created the brand's first TV ad, which launched in August 2010. It showed animated characters climbing a tree to reach items such as a washing machine and a pram.
A follow-up TV campaign, which broke in March 2011, comprised three ten-second ads. The spots showed a couch fired from a catapult, a pram bouncing from a trampoline and a car being lassoed by a speeding plane. They used the strapline: "It's local, it's quick and it's free."
Before Beta, Gumtree worked with Albion, which won a branding brief in 2008 off the back of an existing relationship with the website's parent company, eBay.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager / Account Director - Beauty Major Players £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Planning Account Manager - Major Technology Brand Lipton Fleming £30000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Major Technology Brand Lipton Fleming £55000 - £59000 per annum, London
- PR ACCOUNT MANAGER Live Recruitment £25000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits, Solihull
- Social and Content Director - Client-side! Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + benefits, Hammersmith and Fulham
- The man who made Grey matter
- 'You're thirsty. We've got sales targets', says Oasis in summer campaign launch
- Yorkshire Tea launches £5 million campaign
- Eric Cantona to swim Channel if Brits agree Kronenbourg 1664 is best beer
- Heineken selects Publicis Worldwide to be lead global creative agency
- Beacons installed on 500 London buses by Exterion Media