HSBC adopts content approach with ad-funded business series
HSBC is shifting to a content-led marketing strategy with the decision to fund the making of a new business series on BBC World News.
Each episode in the eight-part programme, called 'The Ideas Exchange', will feature a duo of global business leaders, including WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell and Indian telecom mogul Sunil Mittal, discussing today's business landscape and their "secrets of success".
The series was developed by agencies JWT and Mindshare, as well as production company Gogglebox Entertainment.
Following the decision to drop its long-standing strapline, 'The World’s Local Bank' last year, HSBC has been moving to position itself as an authority on global trends, including through its 'In The Future' campaign, looking at the future of commerce.
Chris Clark, global head of marketing at HSBC, said: "We believe that in the future, brands will be built by aligning themselves with engaging content, as well as the more traditional advertising-led approach.
"As such, we are delighted to be sponsoring this programme, which reflects our focus on emerging markets and showcases insightful conversations between those global business leaders who are shaping business today, as well as tomorrow."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- British & Irish Lions legends feature in HSBC ad
- HSBC plots global 150th anniversary celebrations
- Grey and BBDO to pitch for HSBC global creative
- What does HSBC's agency review mean for its marketing strategy?
- HSBC group marketing boss issues Facebook privacy warning
- HSBC's Chris Clark on a new era for the bank's marketing
- HSBC promotes Philip Mehl to pan-Euro role
- HSBC signs four-year Cutty Sark sponsorship
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- Community Manager - £30-40k - Charity - Surrey Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + plus benefits , London
- Exciting Internal Community Comms Manager (6 month FTC) Digital Gurus £30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits, England
- Integrated Account Director: c£50k Fill Recruitment Ltd c£50k + benefits, Surrey, Shere
- Account Manager - Affiliate Marketing Shape Media up to £29,000 basic depending on experience, Central London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.