HSBC adopts content approach with ad-funded business series
HSBC is shifting to a content-led marketing strategy with the decision to fund the making of a new business series on BBC World News.
Each episode in the eight-part programme, called 'The Ideas Exchange', will feature a duo of global business leaders, including WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell and Indian telecom mogul Sunil Mittal, discussing today's business landscape and their "secrets of success".
The series was developed by agencies JWT and Mindshare, as well as production company Gogglebox Entertainment.
Following the decision to drop its long-standing strapline, 'The World’s Local Bank' last year, HSBC has been moving to position itself as an authority on global trends, including through its 'In The Future' campaign, looking at the future of commerce.
Chris Clark, global head of marketing at HSBC, said: "We believe that in the future, brands will be built by aligning themselves with engaging content, as well as the more traditional advertising-led approach.
"As such, we are delighted to be sponsoring this programme, which reflects our focus on emerging markets and showcases insightful conversations between those global business leaders who are shaping business today, as well as tomorrow."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Director Business Development - TRAVEL- HOTELS Ultimate Asset £60000 - £80000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- E-mail Marketing Executive Adam Recruitment £20000 - £25000 per annum + benefits, Skelmersdale
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers