HSBC adopts content approach with ad-funded business series
HSBC is shifting to a content-led marketing strategy with the decision to fund the making of a new business series on BBC World News.
Each episode in the eight-part programme, called 'The Ideas Exchange', will feature a duo of global business leaders, including WPP chief executive Sir Martin Sorrell and Indian telecom mogul Sunil Mittal, discussing today's business landscape and their "secrets of success".
The series was developed by agencies JWT and Mindshare, as well as production company Gogglebox Entertainment.
Following the decision to drop its long-standing strapline, 'The World’s Local Bank' last year, HSBC has been moving to position itself as an authority on global trends, including through its 'In The Future' campaign, looking at the future of commerce.
Chris Clark, global head of marketing at HSBC, said: "We believe that in the future, brands will be built by aligning themselves with engaging content, as well as the more traditional advertising-led approach.
"As such, we are delighted to be sponsoring this programme, which reflects our focus on emerging markets and showcases insightful conversations between those global business leaders who are shaping business today, as well as tomorrow."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Digital Designer Twist Recruitment £35000 - £42000 per annum + benefits, City of London
- In-House Graphic Designer Major Players £30000 - £40000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Insight Director, Technology & Financial Jarlett de Grouchy £65000.00 - £80000.00 per annum + bonus, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Head of Branded Content-Established Digital Business Ultimate Asset £65000 - £76000 per annum + bonus and huge benefits , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Sales Executive - Performance & Brand - Emerging Tech Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + commission & excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Samsung calls global advertising and media review
- British Airways moves paid search account to Forward3D
- Watch the first YouTube clip, nine years on
- M&C Saatchi's Enyi Nwosu takes global role at Mindshare
- Post Office reviews advertising, DM and digital accounts
- Karmarama grabs Coppafeel! breast cancer charity account