M&S ads dump celebs for 'every woman'
Marks & Spencer will eschew celebrities and feature women of all ages and sizes for its upcoming autumn brand television campaign.
Creative for the 'For Every Woman You Are' campaign will launch on 3 September and star ordinary models, including size 16 and older women.
It is understood the focus will be on "variation" as the retailer hopes to appeal to its broad customer base – 21 million visitors enter its stores each week.
The campaign will also have augmented reality technology from Aurasma integrated into its activity as the retailer attempts to experiment with new technology.
The retailer will continue to use celebrities for its individual clothing sub-brands. Rosie Huntington-Whiteley will be used in Autograph campaigns and is currently starring in a press campaign in publications, including Stylist, for her own lingerie range.
M&S unveiled the model's collection at yesterday’s (29 August) opening of the Cheshire Oaks store.
Twiggy will feature in campaigns for M&S Woman and Jamie Redknapp will continue to star in M&S Man activity.
M&S is committed to keeping celebrities in its individual brand campaigns to fit in with chief executive Marc Bolland’s ambitions to build a distinct personality for each sub-brand.
It is believed the retailer is avoiding the use of celebrities in the yet-to-be launched autumn brand campaign because customers have told M&S there should be more focus on the product.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Artworker Fashion & Retail Personnel Consultancy £23000 - £25000 per annum + Outstanding Benefits!, London
- Marketing & Research Manager - $1.8b Global Publisher Recruitment Revolution Excellent Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Corporate Benefits Package, Chichester
- CRM Manager - Iconic London Brand Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£60K + Benefits Package, Central London
- Senior Marketing & New Business Manager Dynamic New Alliances £32000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Visual Merchandising Manager (Retail, Fashion, Creative, VM) Creative Recruitment £35000 - £40000 per annum + Negotiable, Hertfordshire