Richard and Judy Book Club heads to smartphones
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 August 2012 01:15AM
Richard and Judy's Book Club is getting the augmented reality treatment with a new app by Aurasma that will provide readers with exclusive content.
For the first time, the Book Club, which is a collection of titles backed and promoted by married presenting duo Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan and exclusive to WHSmith, will bring the covers of the 10 titles in this autumn's line-up to life through augmented reality technology.
This means that when users, who have downloaded the Autumn Book Club app, created by Aurasma, scan the book cover using their smartphone devices, they will be able to access a video of Richard and Judy reviewing each of the titles.
The Book Club is now in its third year. It will be hosting a podcast for each book which will be accessible from a QR code on the back of each book.
It is also possible to read the first chapter of each book for free on the WHSmith website.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior PPC Planner / Analyst Dot-Gap £30k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Biddable Dot-Gap £65-80k, London (Greater)
- Strategy Consulting Manager Stopgap £75000 - £95000 per annum, London
- Digital Activation Manager - Fastest Mobile Network Brand!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits, City of London
- Project Director > DIGITAL AND SOCIAL > AWARD WINNING AGENCY collectivo £55-60k + great Bens , London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Breast Cancer Campaign crowd-sources videos for 'wear it pink' campaign
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy