Richard and Judy Book Club heads to smartphones
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 August 2012 01:15AM
Richard and Judy's Book Club is getting the augmented reality treatment with a new app by Aurasma that will provide readers with exclusive content.
For the first time, the Book Club, which is a collection of titles backed and promoted by married presenting duo Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan and exclusive to WHSmith, will bring the covers of the 10 titles in this autumn's line-up to life through augmented reality technology.
This means that when users, who have downloaded the Autumn Book Club app, created by Aurasma, scan the book cover using their smartphone devices, they will be able to access a video of Richard and Judy reviewing each of the titles.
The Book Club is now in its third year. It will be hosting a podcast for each book which will be accessible from a QR code on the back of each book.
It is also possible to read the first chapter of each book for free on the WHSmith website.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Digital Account Manager / Senior Account Manager - Boutique Digital Agency Fill Recruitment to £35k + great benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Manager Stopgap £30000 - £40000 per annum, South East England
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £34600 - £40834 per annum, London
- Senior Marketing Officer Stopgap £36000 - £40000 per annum, London
- PRESENTATION DESIGNER Live Recruitment Negotiable, London
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'
- Martin Sorrell talks Maurice Lévy, Tesco, and the global outlook
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Land Rover to move global ad account into Spark44
- Viacom to bring Breaking Bad to Freeview with Spike launch
- 'Advertisers are snake oil salesmen', says Peter Oborne