Richard and Judy Book Club heads to smartphones
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 August 2012 01:15AM
Richard and Judy's Book Club is getting the augmented reality treatment with a new app by Aurasma that will provide readers with exclusive content.
For the first time, the Book Club, which is a collection of titles backed and promoted by married presenting duo Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan and exclusive to WHSmith, will bring the covers of the 10 titles in this autumn's line-up to life through augmented reality technology.
This means that when users, who have downloaded the Autumn Book Club app, created by Aurasma, scan the book cover using their smartphone devices, they will be able to access a video of Richard and Judy reviewing each of the titles.
The Book Club is now in its third year. It will be hosting a podcast for each book which will be accessible from a QR code on the back of each book.
It is also possible to read the first chapter of each book for free on the WHSmith website.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior Graphic Designer - Tech brands Network Career Consultants £35000 - £45000 per annum, City of London
- Middleweight FMCG Branding Designer Network Career Consultants £30000 - £35000 per annum, City of London
- Digital Creative Lead - Fashion Network Career Consultants £60000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Web Project Manager (12 month FTC) Brand Recruitment £40000 per annum, Milton Keynes
- Multi Media Specialist Creative Recruitment £43000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Watch: The Post Office's first Christmas TV campaign in five years
- Tesco Clubcard uses Twitter to pick out Christmas gift ideas
- Samsung launches first Christmas TV campaign in the UK
- BBH London promotes Caroline Pay to deputy ECD
- O2 launches 'walk' campaign with Ed Sheeran
- ASA bans 'strongly sexual' Giffgaff ad