Richard and Judy Book Club heads to smartphones
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 August 2012 01:15AM
Richard and Judy's Book Club is getting the augmented reality treatment with a new app by Aurasma that will provide readers with exclusive content.
For the first time, the Book Club, which is a collection of titles backed and promoted by married presenting duo Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan and exclusive to WHSmith, will bring the covers of the 10 titles in this autumn's line-up to life through augmented reality technology.
This means that when users, who have downloaded the Autumn Book Club app, created by Aurasma, scan the book cover using their smartphone devices, they will be able to access a video of Richard and Judy reviewing each of the titles.
The Book Club is now in its third year. It will be hosting a podcast for each book which will be accessible from a QR code on the back of each book.
It is also possible to read the first chapter of each book for free on the WHSmith website.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Commercials Producer/Director Searchlight Recruitment An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- New Business Development Director Stonor £60,000 - £70,000 plus car, Buckinghamshire
- Production Manager - Brand Experience - £upto£50K Stonor £Dependent on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Pimm's launches weather activated OOH campaign
- Managing director Paul Hayes to leave News UK after 15 years
- Tango returns to advertising after two years with off-brand TV ad
- Vizeum on alert as 21st Century Fox review includes £150m European media
- Why D&AD's first Black Pencil for Radio in 32 years is significant
- Procter & Gamble YouTube video banned