Richard and Judy Book Club heads to smartphones
By Sarah Shearman, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Friday, 31 August 2012 01:15AM
Richard and Judy's Book Club is getting the augmented reality treatment with a new app by Aurasma that will provide readers with exclusive content.
For the first time, the Book Club, which is a collection of titles backed and promoted by married presenting duo Richard Madeley and Judy Finnigan and exclusive to WHSmith, will bring the covers of the 10 titles in this autumn's line-up to life through augmented reality technology.
This means that when users, who have downloaded the Autumn Book Club app, created by Aurasma, scan the book cover using their smartphone devices, they will be able to access a video of Richard and Judy reviewing each of the titles.
The Book Club is now in its third year. It will be hosting a podcast for each book which will be accessible from a QR code on the back of each book.
It is also possible to read the first chapter of each book for free on the WHSmith website.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior copywriter story uk limited Negotiable depending on experience, Edinburgh
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Marketing Executive Stopgap £25000 per annum, London
- Business Director Stopgap £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Marketing Executive Ball & Hoolahan £24,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- What the end of Page 3 means for advertising
- Havas partners with Facebook's Atlas for multi-device ad targeting
- Daily Mirror publishes its own tits on Page 3
- 'This girl can' tops Campaign Viral Chart
- John Brown Media appoints Rebekah Billingsley to head of digital and content strategy role
- 'You don't have to explain yourself if you are getting the job done,' says Tracy De Groose on work and motherhood