Virgin to reward most frequent flyer with free trip into space
Richard Branson's Virgin America airline has launched a competition that will reward its most frequent flyer across the Virgin Atlantic network by sending them into space for free on Virgin Galactic.
The competition, called 'Mission Galactic', will reward the consumer with the most "Elevate status points", which are earned when a customer purchases a flight on all three Virgin airlines – Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia. It is open to all Virgin airline customers.
The consumers with the most Elevate status points earned between now and 7 August 2013 will win a Virgin Galactic sub-orbital space flight.
Virgin Galactic is expected to make its first commercial flight at the end of next year.
Elevate is a reward scheme available to customers that fly across Virgin’s airlines, as part of a redeemable point scheme.
To enter the competition, consumers must be a member of the Elevate reward scheme and sign into a dedicated site, http://galacticcontest.virginamerica.com/, in order to have their flights tracked as they book them.
Last month, Virgin Atlantic launched a dedicated London guide as part of its UK marketing programme, in which Branson revealed his top London hotspots for tourists to visit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Branson hits back at BA over Virgin Atlantic brand axe rumours
- Virgin Atlantic 'air-prentice' tests fleet makeover
- Virgin Atlantic chief Steve Ridgway steps down
- Virgin shoots love story at 35,000 feet for in-flight film
- Fair Tax on Flying petition attracts 100,000 supporters
- Airlines ramp up lobbying on air passenger duty
- Virgin Atlantic to revamp in-flight entertainment
- Branson tells tourists where to go in new Virgin London guide
- Virgin Atlantic poaches BBC's Simon Lloyd for top marketing role
- Managing Director - Equity potential DU Group £120,000 - £150,000, South Oxfordshire
- PPC Manager PFJ £30000.00 - £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, Brighton
- Senior Project Manager Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment GBP45000 - GBP50000 per annum, London
- Account Director - Design and Brand Identity Search Very Competitive to £55K, Greater London
- eCommerce Optimisation Manager PFJ £50000.00 - £65000.00 per annum + great benefits, London
- Blippar connects disjointed families, says MEC executive
- Fans take on Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in Twitter-powered tennis game
- Campaign Viral Chart: Samsung scores hat-trick in tech-heavy chart
- Jaguar readies global campaign for F-Type launch
- ITV and Channel 4 insist they will beat declining ad market
- EE adds Dare to agency roster to develop digital
A demographic portrait of Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook users
A useful study here from the ‘Pew Research Center’ taking a look at the demographic make-up of US social media users across Twitter, Tumblr, Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. No data on LinkedIn of Google+, but great stats all the same.