Virgin to reward most frequent flyer with free trip into space
Richard Branson's Virgin America airline has launched a competition that will reward its most frequent flyer across the Virgin Atlantic network by sending them into space for free on Virgin Galactic.
The competition, called 'Mission Galactic', will reward the consumer with the most "Elevate status points", which are earned when a customer purchases a flight on all three Virgin airlines – Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia. It is open to all Virgin airline customers.
The consumers with the most Elevate status points earned between now and 7 August 2013 will win a Virgin Galactic sub-orbital space flight.
Virgin Galactic is expected to make its first commercial flight at the end of next year.
Elevate is a reward scheme available to customers that fly across Virgin’s airlines, as part of a redeemable point scheme.
To enter the competition, consumers must be a member of the Elevate reward scheme and sign into a dedicated site, http://galacticcontest.virginamerica.com/, in order to have their flights tracked as they book them.
Last month, Virgin Atlantic launched a dedicated London guide as part of its UK marketing programme, in which Branson revealed his top London hotspots for tourists to visit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Exhibition Designers WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package dependant upon experience, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Producer WRG Live Competitve salary and benefits package dependent upon experience, London (Central), London (Greater) / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Content Manager WRG Live Competitive salary and benefits package, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Senior Planner Direct Recruitment £60,000 - £80,000, London
- Macmillan defends hijacking ice bucket challenge
- Comparethemarket.com first UK brand to run Facebook Premium Video ads
- The role of private equity in adland
- Game Of Thrones actress stars in online Karen Millen campaign
- Aga targets city homes with cooker campaign
- Uncle Ben's launches YouTube cooking show