Virgin to reward most frequent flyer with free trip into space
Richard Branson's Virgin America airline has launched a competition that will reward its most frequent flyer across the Virgin Atlantic network by sending them into space for free on Virgin Galactic.
The competition, called 'Mission Galactic', will reward the consumer with the most "Elevate status points", which are earned when a customer purchases a flight on all three Virgin airlines – Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia. It is open to all Virgin airline customers.
The consumers with the most Elevate status points earned between now and 7 August 2013 will win a Virgin Galactic sub-orbital space flight.
Virgin Galactic is expected to make its first commercial flight at the end of next year.
Elevate is a reward scheme available to customers that fly across Virgin’s airlines, as part of a redeemable point scheme.
To enter the competition, consumers must be a member of the Elevate reward scheme and sign into a dedicated site, http://galacticcontest.virginamerica.com/, in order to have their flights tracked as they book them.
Last month, Virgin Atlantic launched a dedicated London guide as part of its UK marketing programme, in which Branson revealed his top London hotspots for tourists to visit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Senior SEO Account Manager - Top 10 Agency Ultimate Asset Ã‚£35000 - Ã‚£40000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Senior SEO Executive - Technical Ultimate Asset Ã‚£24000 - Ã‚£27000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Sales - Entertainment Ultimate Asset Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£55000 per annum + BONUS & BENEFITS, City of London
- Owned Media Director - SEO Ultimate Asset Ã‚£45000 - Ã‚£50000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, London
- Head of Search - SEO Ultimate Asset Ã‚£55000 - Ã‚£65000 per annum + Amazing Benefits, Reigate
- 7Up kicks off global campaign with urban knitting ad
- Sainsbury's calls £60 million media review
- Brands use social media to congratulate F1 champion Lewis Hamilton
- VisitBritain crowdsources digital marketing campaign
- Zurich launches snowmen cinema campaign across Europe
- Cheil Worldwide buys Iris stake