Virgin to reward most frequent flyer with free trip into space
Richard Branson's Virgin America airline has launched a competition that will reward its most frequent flyer across the Virgin Atlantic network by sending them into space for free on Virgin Galactic.
The competition, called 'Mission Galactic', will reward the consumer with the most "Elevate status points", which are earned when a customer purchases a flight on all three Virgin airlines – Virgin America, Virgin Atlantic, and Virgin Australia. It is open to all Virgin airline customers.
The consumers with the most Elevate status points earned between now and 7 August 2013 will win a Virgin Galactic sub-orbital space flight.
Virgin Galactic is expected to make its first commercial flight at the end of next year.
Elevate is a reward scheme available to customers that fly across Virgin’s airlines, as part of a redeemable point scheme.
To enter the competition, consumers must be a member of the Elevate reward scheme and sign into a dedicated site, http://galacticcontest.virginamerica.com/, in order to have their flights tracked as they book them.
Last month, Virgin Atlantic launched a dedicated London guide as part of its UK marketing programme, in which Branson revealed his top London hotspots for tourists to visit.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Creative Director - Digital Network Career Consultants £80000 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Account Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £30,000, Greater Manchester
- Communications Assistant AF Selection £16,000 - £20,000, Birmingham, West Midlands
- Digital Account Manager - Brand Accounts!! Ultimate Asset £30000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits + Great Agency Culture, City of London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham