Coke gives away free drinks
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 03 September 2012 09:25AM
Coca-Cola is today giving away 500ml bottles of Coke, Diet Coke and Coke, supported by a TV campaign, as part of its sponsorship of the Paralympic Games.
As well as the TV campaign, the soft drinks giant is also running a press campaign to support the giveaway.
The press ad in today’s (3 September) Metro states: "Celebrate London 2012 with a free Coke. Get yours at freecoke.co.uk."
The promotional campaign, which runs just for today, works by asking customers to visit www.FreeCoke.co.uk. Customers then have to fill in details such as their name, date of birth, postcode and email address before being entitled to pick up their bottles at Superdrug or Boots. It is unclear how many bottles Coke is giving away.
The TV campaign ran over the weekend (September 1 and September 2) and was created by Mother, with the creative set to 'Anywhere in the world', the track created by musician and DJ Mark Ronson.
It depicts a larger-than-life vending machine, dispensing bottles of Coca-Cola to members of the public.
The move marks the latest instalment of Coke's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR for Brand Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael Day rate c£275-£300, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT MANAGER - Branding Agency - FREELANCE Royds Raphael c£150-£170+ day rate depending on experience , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Brand Strategist / Planner - FREELANCE Royds Raphael £350-£450 day rate, London (Central), London (Greater)
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - Brand Comms Agency Royds Raphael £35K-£50K+bonus+bens, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Consultant Ball & Hoolahan £44,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ZenithOptimedia loses £200m O2 business to Havas Media without a pitch
- Doctor Who online game gets kids coding
- Philips launches juicer video campaign with Louis Smith
- Currys PC World launches brand campaign ahead of Christmas
- Argos releases second ad in its latest strategy
- A JWT tribute to its Oxo mum: Lynda Bellingham