Coke gives away free drinks
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 03 September 2012 09:25AM
Coca-Cola is today giving away 500ml bottles of Coke, Diet Coke and Coke, supported by a TV campaign, as part of its sponsorship of the Paralympic Games.
As well as the TV campaign, the soft drinks giant is also running a press campaign to support the giveaway.
The press ad in today’s (3 September) Metro states: "Celebrate London 2012 with a free Coke. Get yours at freecoke.co.uk."
The promotional campaign, which runs just for today, works by asking customers to visit www.FreeCoke.co.uk. Customers then have to fill in details such as their name, date of birth, postcode and email address before being entitled to pick up their bottles at Superdrug or Boots. It is unclear how many bottles Coke is giving away.
The TV campaign ran over the weekend (September 1 and September 2) and was created by Mother, with the creative set to 'Anywhere in the world', the track created by musician and DJ Mark Ronson.
It depicts a larger-than-life vending machine, dispensing bottles of Coca-Cola to members of the public.
The move marks the latest instalment of Coke's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Agency Sales Manager - soft-sell, premium inventory, top site! Ultimate Asset £40000 - £50000 per annum + bonus, West End
- Insights Project Manager Ball & Hoolahan £30,000 p.a, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Director Twist Recruitment £60000 - £65000 per annum, City of London
- Audience Development Director - SEO, Social & Content - CLIENT Ultimate Asset £75000 per annum + bens, Hammersmith and Fulham
- Planner - Charity / DM - Award-winning London agency - to £35k Fill Recruitment £35k plus superb benefits and bonus opportunity!, London (Greater)
- WPP, Daily Mail and SnapChat launch content agency Truffle Pig
- Will.i.am clashes with Martin Sorrell over online ads in Cannes
- UK agencies win 7 Media Lions
- Twitter to embrace power of TV in UK ad campaign
- Martin Sorrell on the mega-media reviews: 'We can't remember anything like this'
- Aston Martin appoints WPP to global marketing account