Coke gives away free drinks
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 03 September 2012 09:25AM
Coca-Cola is today giving away 500ml bottles of Coke, Diet Coke and Coke, supported by a TV campaign, as part of its sponsorship of the Paralympic Games.
As well as the TV campaign, the soft drinks giant is also running a press campaign to support the giveaway.
The press ad in today’s (3 September) Metro states: "Celebrate London 2012 with a free Coke. Get yours at freecoke.co.uk."
The promotional campaign, which runs just for today, works by asking customers to visit www.FreeCoke.co.uk. Customers then have to fill in details such as their name, date of birth, postcode and email address before being entitled to pick up their bottles at Superdrug or Boots. It is unclear how many bottles Coke is giving away.
The TV campaign ran over the weekend (September 1 and September 2) and was created by Mother, with the creative set to 'Anywhere in the world', the track created by musician and DJ Mark Ronson.
It depicts a larger-than-life vending machine, dispensing bottles of Coca-Cola to members of the public.
The move marks the latest instalment of Coke's sponsorship of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- On-Air Creative / Creative Executive Discovery Communications Very Competitive with excellent benefits, London (West), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Manager Cutis Developments £50,000 - £60,000 per annum , Victoria, London (Greater)
- Market Research Analyst - Charity - Contract Hasson Associates £33000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Head of Insight | Full service integrated advertising agency Elizabeth Norman International £55000 - £65000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager - brand engagement & recruitment marketing Story Recruitment £38 - 45k dependent on experience, Central London