Hovis takes on Kraft with breakfast biscuit
By John Reynolds, marketingmagazine.co.uk, Monday, 03 September 2012 11:53AM
Hovis is launching a range of breakfast biscuits supported by a major marketing campaign in an attempt to pinch market share from Kraft-owned Belvita.
The brand is called Hovis Breakfast Bakes and it will launch in three varieties – Oats & Honey, Malted Crunch and Milk & Oats.
Like other Hovis products, they will be made with flour milled from 100% British wheat.
The varieties will cost £2.19 for five packs of four biscuits each and will launch this month.
Breakfast Bakes will be supported by a £4m marketing campaign, including TV support, along with money-off coupons. The marketing campaign will run for the next 12 months.
Premier Foods, the owner of Hovis, has opted to launch the brand under the Hovis brand and not as a new brand. It will compete directly against Kraft brand Belvita.
According to Premier Foods, the breakfast biscuit category – which is fast-growing – is worth £33m.
Breakfast Bakes will particularly target women aged 25 to 45, many of whom apparently skip breakfast regularly.
Iwan Williams, managing director of the brand, said: "We are working on a range of innovation across our portfolio of brands, aligning to consumer tastes as well as expanding into broader categories to drive growth."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
- Recruitment Consultant Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £25000 - £35000 per annum, Stratfordupon Avon
- Senior Account Manager Gemini Search £32000 - £36000 per annum, London
- Freelance Creative Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £150 - £350 per annum, London
- Senior Interior Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £40000 - £50000 per annum, London
- Presentation Designer Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London
- Adam & Eve/DDB wins 2014 IPA Effectiveness Awards Grand Prix
- Enjoyed getting an hour back on Sunday? You'll get years back if you stop smoking, says charity
- Tiffany & Co hires MEC for $100m global media
- Mattessons Fridge Raiders campaign delivers AI robot to YouTube gamer
- HSBC launches Anyone's Game golf campaign
- Facebook and Airbnb sign up to D&AD New Blood