Kinetic Asia-Pacific CEO Chris O'Donnell resigns
By Benjamin Li, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 September 2012 10:10AM
Kinetic Worldwide Media reports that due to "some unavoidable issues", Chris O'Donnell, its Asia-Pacific CEO, departed the agency last week.
O'Donnell declined to make any comment when contacted by Campaign Asia-Pacific today.
The agency is looking for his replacement, and Claudine Kwek, COO, Asia-Pacific, tenthavenue, will be overseeing Kinetic Asia-Pacific operations in the interim. Kwek is based in Singapore.
"Chris has been instrumental in building Kinetic's portfolio of direct appointments at both agency and client level in Asia, and we wish him the best for future opportunities," Kwek said.
O’Donnell took over the Asia operations of Kinetic Worldwide Media in January 2010, succeeding Alex Thompson, who was promoted to global head of business development in London.
O'Donnell moved from London to Hong Kong for the job. Prior to his position as APAC CEO, he was business development director at Kinetic Worldwide in London for five and a half years, and worked for Clear Channel London for 12 years as sales manager to development director role.
The Asia operation under O’Donnell's leadership boasts 14 offices with 300 staff and key clients including Accenture, HSBC, SAP and ABB.
One undisclosed source, who previously worked for Kinetic said: "It is quite shocking to hear this news from industry friends, but there are quite a few senior management reshuffles in 4A agencies."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Affiliates Executive - No. 1 Agency! GoodEgg Digital Circa £25k + Exceptional Benefits, Central London
- Digital Display Manager - Leading Agency GoodEgg Digital £Neg + Great Benefits, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Biddable Account Manager - PPC / Paid Social Ultimate Asset negotiable, London
- Head of Marketing Operation Better Placed Recruitment £10000 - £90000 per annum + Bonus + Car + Benefits , Newcastle upon Tyne
- The rear of the Apple Watch is more interesting than the face
- Channel 4 to drop 4oD for digital service All 4
- Guardian launches three-tier membership scheme
- FT to reveal first design overhaul in seven years
- David Hasselhoff to join Sorrell, Naughton and Shing at IAB Engage 2014
- Sky boosts Sky AdSmart's targeting capabilities for advertisers