Addressable TV ads take step forward in US
By Sarah Shearman, campaignlive.co.uk, Monday, 03 September 2012 11:51AM
Addressable TV advertising is becoming a reality in the US, with a new campaign by insurance company Allstate intended to be shown only to people who rent their property.
According to a US report, Allstate is using consumer data from companies such as Experian, Epsilon and Axicom, along with subscriber information from satellite networks Dish and DirecTV, to target renters for a new campaign about rental insurance.
The campaign will reach around 15 million households, while viewers who do not qualify for the ads will see direct response ads instead, according to the report.
Addressable TV advertising, which uses personal information such as postcodes and household viewing behaviour to add greater targeting to broadcast messages, is yet to reach the UK.
Last year, it emerged that Virgin Media was working on plans to roll out an addressable advertising service in the second quarter of 2012 for its on-demand service, ahead of rival Sky. It has not yet run any addressable ads.
Sky has said that it will introduce its system for addressable ads AdSmart in 2013. Unlike Virgin Media, it will be focused on linear, rather than on-demand, viewing.Follow @shearmans
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
- Mid Weight Planner - ATL Daniel Marks London £30-£50K + Excellent Benefits, Central London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £44000 per annum, London
- Senior Account Manager Purple Consultancy £35000 - £45000 per annum, London
- Account Manager Purple Consultancy £28000 - £34000 per annum, London
- Digital Project Director Purple Consultancy £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- OgilvyOne loses BA business
- Campaign Viral Chart: Pepsi tops Coke with Jeff Gordon test drive
- Iris and Cheil big winners at MAA Best Awards
- Twitter attracts more ads, but rates tumble 67%
- Greenpeace protests outside Saatchi & Saatchi London office
- Facebook research finds 42% switch device mid-activity