B&Q cooks up two-year deal to provide 'This Morning' kitchen
B&Q has signed a two-year product placement to install a B&Q kitchen in the studio of ITV daytime staple 'This Morning'.
The kitchen was installed over the weekend and will appear on air for the first time today (3 September) and will be promoted through a dedicated area on ITV.com, with information on the partnership, products and competitions.
Off-air the product placement will be supported by a licensing agreement allowing B&Q to use the ‘This Morning’ logo across its product ranges in store and online.
The partnership, which was negotiated between ITV’s commercial team and ZenithOptimedia’s branded content arm Newcast, will be promoted through ITV and B&Q’s social media channels.
Katherine Paterson, marketing director for B&Q, said: "Partnering up with the nation’s favourite daytime programme is the perfect way to showcase our stunning kitchen range to their viewers."
Last February ITV signed the first paid-for placement in British TV programming and a Nescafe’s coffee machine appeared in the ‘This Morning’ kitchen. The initial three-month deal was extended to the end of October 2011.
Katherine Marlow, branded content manager, ITV Commercial, said: "The real value of product placement stems from the seamless integration of a multi-platform campaign alongside on-air activity whilst still fulfilling a programme’s editorial need - we believe that this collaboration with B&Q is a great example of this approach."
Last month B&Q launched a review of its £33m media planning and buying account. The home improvement chain is also reviewing its £40m creative account.Follow @MaisieMcCabe
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
- Senior Account Manager - Integrated Creative Agency Spectrum 360 Recruitment £36k - £40k, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Data Planner / Strategist Direct Recruitment £60K- £70K, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager Direct Recruitment £45-50k plus bonus, Homeworking/flexible UK
- International Account Director - Media Agency (Benelux & Scandinavia Regions) Silverdrum £45,000 + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Global Business Director Twist Recruitment £90000.00 - £100000 per annum, City of London
- Oreo eclipses The Sun in celestial stunt
- Katharine Viner becomes first female editor-in-chief of Guardian News & Media
- Why Viacom spent £120m extending Channel 5's Big Brother deal for three more years
- Tesco media review pits Initiative against MediaCom and ZenithOptimedia
- Comparethemarket.com offers two for one cinema tickets with Meerkat Movies
- Google's European leader says viewing habits are 'changing dramatically'